The Dreadnought was a short-lived Boy's Story Paper, published by The Amalgamated Press based at Fleetway House in Farringdon Street, London.
It was first published on March 9th 1912 and ran until June 12th 1915 for a total of 171 issues.
It had a number of name changes during its short run:
From March 9th 1912 - 19th September 1914 - as 'The Dreadnought'
From 26th September 1914 - 30th October 1914 - as 'The Dreadnought and War Pictorial'
From 7th November 1914 - 26th December 1914 - as 'The Dreadnought Boys' War Weekly'
From 2nd January 1915 - 12th June 1915 - and finally as 'The Dreadnought' again.
The numbering system is rather confusing, as after the first 12 issues it reverted to issue no. 1 again. Then it ran until issue no. 121, when it reverted to issue no. 1 again as 'The Dreadnought and War Pictorial'. After 14 issues and a further name change, the numbering reverted again to the old numbering system with issue 136, which continued until it merged with 'The Boys' Friend' in 1915.
It had the usual mixture of school and adventure stories for both boys and girls, mostly reprinted from other sources. Among the stories, it featured, Sexton Blake and both the boys Of Cliveden and Greyfriars School (both Charles Hamilton creations).