in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,991 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Are Dell Comic's Monster Superheroes Public Domain?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Are Dell Comic's Monster Superheroes Public Domain?  (Read 4602 times)

U.S.-Star

message icon
Are Dell Comic's Monster Superheroes Public Domain?
« on: June 04, 2013, 04:49:13 AM »

I was just wondering if the Monster Superhero comics made by Dell Comics in the 60s are part of the Public Domain?

Here is all the info I could find on them so far:

http://dcwhocares.blogspot.com/2008/05/dell-comics-monster-superheroes.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_Comics
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Are Dell Comic's Monster Superheroes Public Domain?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 05:13:55 AM »

This has yet to be determined. I have contacted Penny Press. If they do not acknowledge them then the books will be OK. I have them all just waiting to upload.
ip icon Logged

U.S.-Star

message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 05:52:04 AM »

Who are Penny Press? Are they the ones that might own the rights to the Dell Monster Superheroes? I have never heard of them before now.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 11:57:52 AM »

The own the rights to Dell now

http://www.pennydellpuzzles.com/
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 07:38:19 PM »

I got a quick response back from Penny Press that they DID NOT buy the rights to Dell Comics. So any Dell Comic that is not a licensed product (any many of them if we search it out) should be OK.
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 08:40:49 PM »

Good work.

I got a quick response back from Penny Press that they DID NOT buy the rights to Dell Comics. So any Dell Comic that is not a licensed product (any many of them if we search it out) should be OK.
ip icon Logged

U.S.-Star

message icon
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 08:58:36 PM »

That's Great news. So hopefully the Dell Monster Superheroes should be part of the Public Domain, witch would make it O.K. to post the comics onto this web page. :)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 02:25:27 AM »

Yes as well as the rest of Kona, Naza, Toka, Nukla etc I have most of these and Dell4c has them all if I am missing any. John F. Kennedy has already been put up thanks to marko313.
ip icon Logged

guyserman82

message icon
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 02:16:09 AM »

Alright, it seems that I've missed something sin June. While it seems that at one point you uploaded Nukla, it has since been removed. Has Penny Press reclaimed the Dell properties, or perhaps someone else?
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 06:08:33 AM »

They were post 1964 and had a valid copyright so whilst they look like they are well and truly orphaned they are not public domain :(
ip icon Logged

guyserman82

message icon
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 08:49:55 PM »

They were post 1964 and had a valid copyright so whilst they look like they are well and truly orphaned they are not public domain :(

Oh, okay. Thanks.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.