in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How do I view .cbr or .cbz files? (FAQ)

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: How do I view .cbr or .cbz files? (FAQ)  (Read 30999 times)

Serj

• VIP
message icon
How do I view .cbr or .cbz files? (FAQ)
« on: November 04, 2006, 04:05:58 PM »

Question "How do I READ these files after I've downloaded them?"
Answer - Read part 3 below if you are in a hurry.

Table of Contents (TOC)
1. Digital Comics
2. What are CBR, CBZ, CBT, RAR, ZIP and TAR files?
3. How do I view these files (read comics)?
4. What's so good about the CDisplay/Comical/FFView programs?
5. How do I make my own CBR, CBZ or CBT files?

1. Digital Comics

The comics that we read are digital pictures of the original physical comics. The pictures are placed in a directory and are in a certain sequence based on the name of the picture file. The file is compressed into a computer archive and computer software can be used to read these picture archives.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. What are CBR, CBZ, CBT, RAR, ZIP and TAR files?

Computer files are generally compressed into archive data sets to save space and to organize information better. Common archives are RAR, ZIP and TAR. Comics have a
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 08:43:55 PM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: How do I view .cbr or .cbz files? (FAQ)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 10:54:07 PM »

I swear by TUGZip!

I have been able to open a variety of formats
and view the contents by utilizing it.

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.