in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,017 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Search a partner who can edit/retouch scans

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Search a partner who can edit/retouch scans  (Read 5119 times)

Tony42

message icon
Search a partner who can edit/retouch scans
« on: August 26, 2015, 11:43:36 AM »

Hi everybody,

(I don't know exactly where to say that)

I have a project that I want to realize but I need the help of a retoucher for that.
Sometimes I make scans of comics for personnal reading on laptop or tablet, then I sell the book on internet or in a flea market and I keep the digital copy with me.

Usually I work in duet, I scan a book and a friend retouches the scans for me, however he isn't available anymore and I would thus need the help of a new partner because I have scans to be made retouched/edited or restored.

If you have spare time and if you are good with editing picture software (Photoshop for example), I would be delighted to have your help : ) .

For now, I need someone to denoise or retouch an old comics from the fifties.

Thanks for reading.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Search a partner who can edit/retouch scans
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 04:21:54 PM »

Tony, I'm useless to you as I can't use photoshop and the scans I do are of a very basic, simple standard.
Hope someone else can help.  Good luck.
ip icon Logged

Tony42

message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 08:34:29 AM »

Don't say you're useless, It's already very kind of you for your answer nevertheless.

I hope too that I found help.
ip icon Logged

Tony42

message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 05:33:45 AM »

up, nobody is interested?
ip icon Logged

betaraybdw

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: betaraybdw
message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 05:42:52 AM »

Just Curious, What exactly do you need done? After I make My scans I use MS Office photo editor to straighten the images and crop them. what more could you possibly need done to make the scans suitable for conversion into a digital reading format?
ip icon Logged

Tony42

message icon
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 06:55:10 AM »

I don't know a lot about the jargon of the editing pictures, but sometimes it's restorations (not too much), because I am a little a maniac concerning the quality and when I zoom on the page with my tablet, the bubbles or cases are sometimes too much pixelate.

To answer your question, for the scanners who try to do high quality, I believe that they retouches a lot the contrast, the optimized fuzziness and the mitigation of fuzziness, they play a lot on the neatness and the shine of colors(...) In brief I'm not an expert in this ^^ " but these people want to reach a level which competes with a pure digital comic book (as the Infinite comics of Marvel for example)
ip icon Logged

cimmerian32

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 12:00:09 AM »

Hit me up with the scan... my email is cimmerian32 @ gmail .com ( no spaces

It's been a while since I did anything with comics, as I had to sell off most of my pre-80s comics :( But would be happy to help. Please just zip the original scans into a folder and upload to 4shared or one of the other sites, and I will be happy to do what I can.
ip icon Logged

Tony42

message icon
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 08:19:43 AM »

Hi cimmerian, sorry for the late! and thank you, I send a mail to you.
ip icon Logged

Tony42

message icon
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 07:58:35 AM »

Hi everybody, so I'm still on my project, and it is almost ended,
unfortunately I had to put it in standby because of lack of free time, of work and for others occupations (the usual reason...)

Thus there I try to achieve it, and this time I would need again some help for retouch an
old comics (very old and I like it)

Would anybody be ready to help me finish this?
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.