in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,775 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Nothing But A Fan

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Nothing But A Fan  (Read 3243 times)

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Nothing But A Fan
« on: September 14, 2015, 09:15:48 AM »

A friend of mine recently started a comics blog, and it is really worth a read.  Dealing mostly with British comics, he does have some nice insights because of his interest, curiosity and contacts with a number of creators.
https://nothingbutafan.wordpress.com/2015/06/27/hello-world/
Just so you all know, his taste and mine seldom match. Colin's into Commando and war comics as a major interest, while I have little time for them.  But despite that, I enjoy his posts and, like me, he is on a voyage of discovery. Please follow and I look forward to reading any comments you might care to write.
ip icon Logged

colcool007

message icon
Re: Nothing But A Fan
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 09:34:37 PM »

My latest post will interest those fans that enjoy Ian Kennedy's art style.

https://nothingbutafan.wordpress.com/2016/10/22/master-of-the-house/
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 04:10:07 PM »

Well, who wouldn't be interested in that article? Eh?  Mr. Kennedy at work, a nice description of how he goes about it, and - The MEKON!
Lovely progression as the picture takes shape. 
The MEKON is one of the truly great villains in comics - even though you're not a big original Dan Dare fan, Col :o

ip icon Logged

colcool007

message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 06:33:03 PM »

That's true but I am a big Ian Kennedy fan so it was seriously enjoyable to watch the colouring process as it went from a ink drawing to a fully painted piece and did you notice the complete lack of having three hundred different colours?

That was amazing to see and worth every minute spent there.
ip icon Logged

K1ngcat

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 10:32:14 AM »

Impressive stuff.  My favourite product for colouring was photographic inks, from the halcyon days when people would hand-tint black & white photos. Sadly, as nobody does this any more, they seem to have gone out of production, which I suppose saves my B/W comic collection from the ravages of my paintbrush, probably a good thing.  ;)  Three tubes of acrylic, eh? That's how you separate the great from the commonplace.  Kudos, Mr Kennedy!
ip icon Logged

joeychips

message icon
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 10:59:54 PM »

Nothing But A Fan has some great reporting on hidden comics gems from a die-hard comics fan and collector. Thanks for sharing about this site.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 05:56:17 PM »

Colin has a new subject up now as he's looking into the British weekly, Warlord.  Worth a look:-
https://nothingbutafan.wordpress.com/2016/11/
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.