in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,781 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

RADIO SHOW problems

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: RADIO SHOW problems  (Read 4141 times)

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
RADIO SHOW problems
« on: September 25, 2015, 10:19:39 AM »

SAM SPADE #159 -- "The Queen Bee Caper", appears to be jumping around at random between 3 different episodes as you listen.
ip icon Logged

DustBunny

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: DustBunny
message icon
Re: RADIO SHOW problems
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 03:21:37 PM »

Note that The Whistler radio episode number 448 entitled "Big Jump" is not the one that is playable or downloadable on your site. Somehow the episode "Evening Stroll" was substituted instead.

I will do a Google search to determine whether "Big Jump" can be sourced elsewhere, unless of course this omission has already been mentioned in this forum.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 03:22:41 PM »

SAM SPADE #176 -- "The Cheesecake Caper", starts out okay, then a couple minutes in, suiddenly switrches to #237 -- "The Crab Louie Caper" (with a different actor in the lead). Then, it jumps into #163 -- "The Champion Caper".  Schizo, to say the least.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 02:25:51 PM by profh0011 »
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 04:02:41 PM »

Philip Marlowe #032 - The Feminine Touch
Philip Marlowe #033 - The Promise to Pay

"can't play because the file is corrupt"
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 07:00:51 PM »

Sam Spade #xxx - Life Can Be Murder

This is actually a Gerald Mohr episode of PHILIP MARLOWE!   :)
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 02:33:28 PM »

Sam Spade #xxx - Unknown

https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=57146

This is actually an entirely different show called "BOLD VENTURE", with Humphrey Bogart & Lauren Bacall.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 03:16:30 PM »

Thanks for spotting these errors ... keep them coming as I will fix them all at some point.

We have just used existing descriptions and to be honest OTR is not nearly so well organized as comics .. they could really do with a GCD equivalent!
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 05:35:47 PM »

No, no, NOT the GCD!!!   ;D

The last 2 episodes mentioned are posted in both SAM SPADE and PHILIP MARLOWE.  Only the PHILIP MARLOWE ep. belongs there (under PHILIP MARLOWE).  I guess "BOLD VENTURE" belongs somewhere else.

Elsewhere online, I was noting the other day that a whole pile of Brazillian and Mexican horror comics are not even listed AT ALL at the GCD.  I could "contribute" a lot there... if their "editors" hadn't really pissed me off, TWICE.  (But, maybe, one of these years.........)

Well, I finished off both SAM SPADE & PHILIP MARLOWE.  Started in on THE BLACK MUSEUM today.  This stuff is really great when I'm doing Photoshop work.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 07:48:43 AM »

Interesting point about GCD, prof.  I have similar feelings about them.  Assuming I was alone in this, I said very little about it.  Seems there are others who could contribute but have been put off. 
ip icon Logged

movielover

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 11:08:48 AM »

I think that experience with the GCD is more common than not. I know I will never contribute there again.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.