in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,991 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Art detectives-All winners #1 1948

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Art detectives-All winners #1 1948  (Read 2230 times)

WileyJ

message icon
Art detectives-All winners #1 1948
« on: December 06, 2015, 12:55:01 AM »

I was looking at all-winners #1 1948 the captain america feature is listed on Grand comics database as being drawn by syd shores.but i could swear mort leav at least had a hand in it.did leav do any work for atlas around this period? i will share a few images if it is allowed.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
Re: Art detectives-All winners #1 1948
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 08:36:13 PM »

....off topic I know but.....
Just got through re-reading the (rightly so) aborted All Winners Squad mini that Marvel wrought upon us not long ago......what a travesty to do that to their GA characters.....typical for Marvel though.....been reading a lot of the "newer" older books I have that pertain to Marvel's golden age characters.....tisk tisk, I say!

Richard
ip icon Logged

RickDeckard525

message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 06:00:59 AM »

You're talking about the first issue of the second volume? Well, I think it was still Timely, not Atlas. The internet says:

"Leav was drafted in 1943 and did his military service as an illustrator for U.S. Army magazines,[5] while moonlighting for comic books. Upon returning to civilian life, he drew, per one source,[5] several Captain America stories for Timely Comics, the 1940s precursor of Marvel Comics, but this remain uncorroborated by such standard references as the Grand Comics Database and Atlas Tales, the latter of which lists only two 1942-43 Destroyer stories as Leav's Timely output.[6]"

So yeah, could be.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:08:13 AM by RickDeckard525 »
ip icon Logged

RickDeckard525

message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 06:06:40 AM »

That fits pretty well. This sounds interesting
ip icon Logged

WileyJ

message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 03:54:33 AM »

and almost one year later....
ip icon Logged

WileyJ

message icon
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 03:56:35 AM »

ip icon Logged

WileyJ

message icon
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 03:57:41 AM »

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.