in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 43,017 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Mystery comics theatre 3000

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Mystery comics theatre 3000  (Read 1431 times)

RickDeckard525

message icon
Mystery comics theatre 3000
« on: December 28, 2015, 07:28:24 PM »

Okay, everybody
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Mystery comics theatre 3000
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 04:38:29 AM »

too many to for any to be the worst.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 05:02:49 AM »

I'm not sure if it's the very worst story I've ever seen, but the tale that popped into my mind when I read your posting was the origin of Hyper the (un)Phenomenal in Hyper Comics 1 and 2. The art is decent, being mostly Alex Raymond swipes, but the story is beyond crazy. The hero spends most of two issues standing in a doorway preventing moving walls from closing while the story goes on around him. If you haven't read it, it's worth scratching your head over.
ip icon Logged

RickDeckard525

message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 06:47:37 AM »

https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=46584

Interesting. It seems so fragmented and the pacing is so off that I'm wondering if the text isn't ripped as well. There's lots of words and it's pretty descriptive. I can't imagine them putting that much work into something that was obviously hack-work. I also think some of the writing flows too smoothly to be conceived by the same person who came up with the ridiculous story. I think the text was taken from two or three different detective stories, and the whole superhero thing was added in later. That's why Hyperman doesn't do anything except hold a door open XD.

You know, I almost think it would have been easier to draw your own crappy comic. The artist had to draw lots of the figures and scenery, and he wasn't too awful (well there were a couple panels...). But why just steal the  faces?

Good find!
ip icon Logged

RickDeckard525

message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 06:49:45 AM »

Okay, it doesn't have to be the absolute worst comic ever
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.