in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 43,021 books
 New: 184 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

downloading comics with tablets answered

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: downloading comics with tablets answered  (Read 1771 times)

pabrides

message icon
downloading comics with tablets answered
« on: March 02, 2016, 10:02:34 AM »

I read many different threads about folks having problems downloading comics directly to tablets...  I have a Galaxy tablet that experienced the same - I could not download any comics with it, although I have no trouble with my laptop, so I did some experimenting.  There were no options i could find in the generic browser that would cure the problem.

The answer (as best as I can describe it) in a nut shell: the Browser.

I think perhaps that browsers look at links differently.  Observing that the android generic browser in my tablet was downloading these comic Zip files as 68kb html files, I decided to try other browsers.  I tried Opera; it didnt work.  Then I tried the android version of Foxfire and sure enough the comic books downloaded into my tablet via wi-fi, and it did not take forever. I use Foxfire in my laptop as well.  With Foxfire for android the comic files went to a location that I did not expect - and that's something Ill be working on so they go to a place my tablet comics reader can easily find. 

So, my answer, anyway, is to try downloading different browsers into your tablet and try them out one at a time.... you might get lucky like me.

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: downloading comics with tablets answered
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 02:37:27 PM »

I use Firefox on my Galaxy tablet and a comic download goes to the download section of the internal memory.  But with File Manager - free from the Google store - you can shift it to a micro sd card, if you have one.  It's only my personal preference but I normally download to my pc then transfer to my tablet memory or to a micro sd card I have installed in the tablet.
ip icon Logged

betaraybdw

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: betaraybdw
message icon
Re: downloading comics with tablets answered
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 04:23:51 AM »

« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:29:22 AM by Kracalactaka »
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.