in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Looking for my keys

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Looking for my keys  (Read 3024 times)

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
Looking for my keys
« on: March 02, 2016, 12:47:48 PM »

I keep my most valued comics (sentimental and otherwise) in some long drawer file cabinets which can easily be locked with a key. Before I flew off to Brazil for two weeks, I locked these cabinets and put the keys--somewhere. But since getting back, I haven't been able to find where I put those keys.

I've looked in my usual hiding places, but the keys haven't turned up. I suspect that Pumuckl has taken the keys and has hidden them somewhere and is laughing to himself when he sees my frustration.

Any tips on trying to remember where you put something? I'm no Mentalist. I guess I should have put the location in my mind palace, if I had one.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
Re: Looking for my keys
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 02:07:45 PM »

I always (well most of the time) I put my keys in one or two places consistently so I know where they are....now that said....when I can't find them (and that is more often that I willingly admit too) :-( I find them in a coat/jacket or in pants pocket.....did you look in the kitchen? Just saying.....good luck

Richard
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 02:53:11 PM »

Yes, usually I am more careful. I heard that if you imagine putting a firecracker on top of something when you put it somewhere, then you will remember where it is. And I do that sometimes and it seems to work. Plus I usually put things like keys in special places. But this time, when I was getting everything ready, I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. So now I try to put myself in that mindset and imagine where I might have put the keys on impulse.

I know they have to turn up eventually. I would just like it sooner rather than later. And I don't want to break the locks on my cabinets--although I'm anxious to get at my comic books. Where's Simon Baker when you need him?
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 01:32:09 AM »

Found them!

Such a clever little hiding place--I can remember now how I put them there and why I thought it was a great place to hide the keys. I guess I was too clever for my own good, but the Mentalist would have found them in two seconds, I believe.

Case solved.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 04:20:41 AM »

Yes I have to say it.
I'll bet that they were in the last place you looked.
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 03:59:30 PM »

They are always in the last place you look. :)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.