in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Action Comics #36 and #42

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Action Comics #36 and #42  (Read 2386 times)

mikecatron

message icon
Action Comics #36 and #42
« on: March 09, 2016, 11:31:52 PM »

Hey Gang,

Mike Catron at Fantagraphics here. We need some help.

For our next Prince Valiant volume, we're running an article by Roger Stern with some examples of Hal Foster's influence, particularly on early Shelly Moldoff. Do you have or do you know someone who has:

a) an original copy of Action Comics #36. We need a high-res scan of the Three Aces story, "The Ancient One."
b) an original copy of Action Comics #42, Nov. 1941. We need a high-res scan of the Black Pirate story.

We need high res scans to the following specs:
100%
400 ppi (or dpi, as some software calls it)
RGB
.tif (LZW compression OK but not required; say no to any other form of file compression)
I can provide instructions on how to upload to our Dropbox request folder, or you can use any of the free large-file sharing services and send me the link for me to download.

Payment will be in the form of acknowledgement in the pages of the book and a copy of the printed book.

Please feel free to forward this request to anyone you know who might be able to help.

Thanks,

-- Mike Catron
Fantagraphics

mikecatron@fantagraphics.com
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.