in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,017 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

"The April No Fooling Around Charlton Fest"

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: "The April No Fooling Around Charlton Fest"  (Read 3597 times)

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
"The April No Fooling Around Charlton Fest"
« on: April 01, 2016, 08:16:35 AM »

Billy the Kid 52 Billy the Kid 64 Career Girl Romances 30 Charlton Premiere 19 Confidential Diary 12 Confidential Diary 16 First Kiss 06 First Kiss 07 First Kiss 10 First Kiss 17 Hot Rod Racers 04 Hot Rods and Racing Cars 87 I Love You 46 I Love You 47 I Love You 48 I Love You 49 I Love You 59 I Love You 64 I Love You 67 I Love You 68 Just Married 044 Li'l Genius 33 Li'l Rascal Twins 18 Love Diary 12 Love Diary 27 Love Diary 34 Love Diary 45 Love Diary 49 My Little Margie 03 My Secret Life 38 Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds 20 Mysteries Of Unexplored Worlds 39 Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds 44 Nurse Betsy Crane 19 Peacemaker 6 Romantic Secrets 29 Secrets of Young Brides 40 Shadows from Beyond 50 Six-Gun Heroes 57 Six-Gun Heroes 76 Special War Series 1 Submarine Attack 30 Submarine Attack 51 Sweetheart Diary 45 Sweethearts 069 Sweethearts 074 Teen-Age Confidential Confessions 01 Teen-Age Confidential Confessions 14 Teen-Age Confidential Confessions 15 Teen-Age Confidential Confessions 16 Teen-Age Love 17 Teenage Hotrodders 15 Zoo Funnies v2 04

Despite what our friends and family think about us over here at Comic Book Plus, we were pretty sure we could at least manage some simple tasks. Such as, boiling an egg unaided or being let outside alone. So we decided to prove this (and the doubters wrong), by organizing a Charlton Fest.

And what better day, than today, to hold it??? Amazingly, I think we may actually have pulled it off!

Here for you delectation (and hot off the press) are 53 new Charlton scans. Most of these were published well into the 1960s, and are right on the cusp of Charlton public domain. After these they started putting valid copyright notices on the books.

Anyway, please enjoy!!

Major thanks go to our master of ceremonies Kracalactaka, who was the "brains" behind this. We follow this with a big shout out to Comicwanderer who did a lot of the grunt work, along with another hooray to Dave Hayward. And of course, major thanks to one and all, for the nearly 30,000 scans we now house!!!

ip icon Logged

Kracalactaka

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Kracalactaka
message icon
Re: "The April No Fooling Around Charlton Fest"
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 08:27:46 AM »

Outstanding Mark!   (I love the ticker across the top!)

Thanks again to Dave H & Comicwanderer, I could not have pulled this off without their help.

Also, CB+ is not alone in this Charlton Fools Day

Please stop by my blog where I have more Charlton goodness going on with links to other participating Blogs.

http://kracalactakacreations.blogspot.com/2016/03/its-charlton-fools-day-because-charlton.html
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.