in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,021 books
 New: 184 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

DC Comics'upcoming rebirth event

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: DC Comics'upcoming rebirth event  (Read 4458 times)

fate man

message icon
DC Comics'upcoming rebirth event
« on: April 04, 2016, 09:18:04 PM »

What do you think of DC Comics'upcoming rebirth event?
ip icon Logged

73042helloworld

message icon
Re: DC Comics'upcoming rebirth event
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 09:50:05 PM »

I HAVE NOT LIKED ANY OF THE DC OR MARVEL REBOOTS.  "CRISIS ON ONFINATE EARTHS" would have been fine if they had tried to blend the current series JLA etc into straight second generation Clark Kent Jr and Bruce Wayne Jr. etc.  I even wrote a story titled FASTER THAN A SPEEDING BULLET (334 pages) in which Clark Jr. was the Superboy in the first series and become Superman years later (rough idea)  I believe it's still available somewhere on the net -- my orignal of it and WHAT ABOUT THE BAT? (chapters placed 10 years apart from1923 to 2003 with outline history of 3 generations of Batman) were lost when my exteral drive crashed last October .
Don
ip icon Logged

Isaura Luiza Paramysio

message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 11:22:05 PM »

DC Rebirth est
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 12:26:44 AM »

DC Rebirth is far from the most interesting thing in comics after DCYou.

Really, because comics is my favorite media of comics? Because you can do anything.

See the golden age of comics. See Image comics today. See the sleeves.
The announcement of the DC seems more like a "let's do the good old rice and beans" (a brazilian expression is traditional thing).
Okay, like the good and old rice and beans, but above all I like to invest in new and different. When I want classic, i revise the "libraries" and "archives".

Anyway, DCYou of things are coming in Brazil these days (Multiversity arrived here this month).

My opinion.

I'll pass.....NO JSA? no interest then if no "real" GA characters then why bother?

Just my 2 cents

Richard Boucher AkA Mr_Goldenage
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 04:16:59 PM »

I have not bought any new DC or Marvel in years and may never again
ip icon Logged

misappear

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 01:14:14 PM »

Regarding the Rebirth Event, Geoff Johns quoted from the new DC Previews:  "It's not a brand or marketing tool"

So I immediately pulled out my driver's license to make absolutely sure that I was not, indeed, born yesterday.
ip icon Logged

Florian R. Guillon

message icon
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 09:22:17 PM »

Well, I'm going with a "wait and see" answer. As far as I know, we have new designs for the characters, a handful of new series, and maybe two Supermen.

Here in France we're at the beginning of DCYou, with the new Batman and Superman. Sure we knew from the start those couldn't last. Hope Rebirth will bring good new comics.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 05:44:14 PM »

Regarding the Rebirth Event, Geoff Johns quoted from the new DC Previews:  "It's not a brand or marketing tool"

So I immediately pulled out my driver's license to make absolutely sure that I was not, indeed, born yesterday.

LMAO!!
Love this -it's the perfect reaction to any rebirth or cross-over event announcement!

-Yoc the impressed
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 06:55:21 PM »

See misappear's comment ;D
I was dubious about this "event", then my pal, Wee John, handed me the DC Previews which I duly read.  Now, I'm no longer dubious, I'm certain - this stinks like a stinky thing.  Same old stuff done to death.  I wont be going anywhere near it.
ip icon Logged

Kracalactaka

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Kracalactaka
message icon
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 07:44:57 PM »

Ah, but Hp will be publishing new Phantom stories starting this summer, what say you to that?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 11:50:04 AM »

Hermes have done a good job with Ghost Who Walks via Peter David and Sal Velluto, so, hopefully, the next series will be good also.  I've tried the Dynamite version(s) and think they've done their usual bad mess-up- for-the-sake-of-it job.
ip icon Logged

Kracalactaka

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Kracalactaka
message icon
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2016, 12:02:04 PM »

Peter David usually does a good (or better) job on just about everything he writes, Comic and prose. I have read several of his Star Trek books & comics without complaint. And I picked up an Incredible Hulk prose novel by him that I'm looking forward to.

and Dynamite, well the Phantom is not exactly in the category that they do best. (Red Sonja, Dejah Thoris, Vampirella)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:00:25 PM by Kracalactaka »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 05:09:47 PM »

A review from Glen who used to work in our comic shop in Glasgow and knows barraloads about the industry.  Word of warning, this article contains sweary words, so, if you are likely to be offended, do NOT start the article:-
https://g1rm.wordpress.com/2016/05/25/what-i-thought-of-dc-universe-rebirth-1/
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.