in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,066 books
 New: 210 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Yet another from Atlanta, GA, USA...

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Yet another from Atlanta, GA, USA...  (Read 1079 times)

lab mix

message icon
Yet another from Atlanta, GA, USA...
« on: April 21, 2016, 05:58:04 AM »

Hi all!  I've just joined the site after enjoying it for a while now.  I keep a blog over at monstrousmatters.com, and for the April A to Z Challenge, I've been filling up a superhero setting with a character a day from the public domain.  This has inspired me to become more active in the PD comics community.  (I even made my first edit over at the Public Domain Super Heroes wiki, noting that Retribution's appearance in 1955 was a reprint of an old Unknown story, which made me feel like a freaking scholar!)

I'm looking forward to spending many more hours on the site, enjoying the Golden Age heroics and weirdness!

I do have a question that I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask:  I understand that all of the books on the site are thought to be public domain, but how do folks in the community feel in general about others' using images from these comics in commercial ventures?  I could see myself using a selection of pictures in, say, an RPG product at some point, but I don't want to unfairly stand on the shoulders of those who took the time (and money) to scan the books in the first place.

Thanks for having me!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Yet another from Atlanta, GA, USA...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 02:45:56 AM »

It is all perfectly acceptable to use them in anyway you desire.
ip icon Logged

lab mix

message icon
Re: Yet another from Atlanta, GA, USA...
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 05:06:26 PM »

It is all perfectly acceptable to use them in anyway you desire.

Many thanks for the reply, and to you and all the others who keep this great site going!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.