in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Publishing the contents of this site (the comics) as collections on CD or DVD?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Publishing the contents of this site (the comics) as collections on CD or DVD?  (Read 2450 times)

bminor

• VIP

Has the membership at large ever considered having the collections, made available to those who have slower internet access speeds? On CD or DVD, it could be used as a fund raiser for running the site?
They could be grouped by publisher perhaps?
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat

Yes, that's been discussed here: http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1057.0.html

Bottom line was that people thought it was a good idea, and the thought of using the profits to help fund the site was mentioned, but, as far as I know, nobody has done anything along those lines yet.  I access the internet via dial-up, so my connection has a tendency to get lost when I've tried to download the larger files (usually anything over 40 MB) which is pretty darn frustrating after tying-up my computer for a few hours to do, what amounts to, absolutely nothing.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.