in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,068 books
 New: 210 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Morph (X-Men) Sci-Fi Drawer

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Morph (X-Men) Sci-Fi Drawer  (Read 2623 times)

Abishai100

message icon
Morph (X-Men) Sci-Fi Drawer
« on: August 16, 2016, 07:18:18 PM »

One of my favorite comic book characters is Morph, a shape-changing mutant and team member of the mutant superheroes the X-Men (Marvel Comics).

My favorite rendition of Morph is actually from X-Men: The Animated Series (Fox TV), which does a nice job of presenting the character as emotionally challenged.

Shape-shifting is a power/ability that various comic book characters exhibit, but Morph nicely captures a general fascination with appearance and deception and dynamic strength.

Chemists study the value of solubility ---- how substances dissolve or 'mingle' with other substances.

Morph is a great comics art avatar for 'solubility consciousness,' which is why I want to see him in an X-Men film.

Solubility is an important sci-fi theme for the modern age, since we're so preoccupied with cultural assimilation (e.g., European Union, Facebook, 'Olympics politics,' etc.).

8)

Morph (Marvel Animated Wiki)

Solubility

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Morph (X-Men) Sci-Fi Drawer
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 12:56:00 PM »

I need to rewatch some of the old super cartoon series
ip icon Logged

Abishai100

message icon
Marvel Excellence
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 02:11:34 AM »

Yes, Marvel has a lot going for it in terms of mainstream media marketing, and perhaps it's because its characters such as Spider-Man, Video-Man, and Carnage symbolize modern graffiti-catchy relevant 'flesh-juicy plate tectonics.'

:o
ip icon Logged

Abishai100

message icon
Metamorphosis: Monopoly?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 08:17:41 PM »

Addendum Note:

Arguably the entire universe of Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) is based on transformation and malleability.

Spider-Man was a normal guy named Peter Parker who was transformed into a web-soaring superhuman by a catalytic spider bite.  Spider-Man's nemeses such as Green Goblin and the Lizard are great symbols of metamorphosis intrigue, and since Spidey is a city defender, we can understand how appearance and adaptation would be important to people trafficking around major hubs of commerce.

Marvel offers us Spider-Man, the transformed acrobat, and Morph, a perfect chameleon.

This makes for very nice Marvel trophies about transformation/metamorphosis.

:o

ip icon Logged

twiztor

message icon
Re: Morph (X-Men) Sci-Fi Drawer
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 07:08:24 AM »

since i first saw the X-Men cartoon, Morph became one of my all-time favorite characters. it wasn't until years later that i learned that Morph wasn't even a character in the comics! Sure, they added him later during the Exiles run, but he was created specifically to die in the cartoon. how rude!
ip icon Logged

Abishai100

message icon
'Video killed the Radio Star!'
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 01:38:15 AM »

Morph is a great invention, and he works well on TV or in comics, and I can't wait to see him in an X-Men film starring a rich actor to suit the role!

Morph transforms and makes us think about 'body-orientation' skills, which is intriguing for our modern age focused on ideas such as 'power-transference,' 'energy utilization,' and 'physics boundaries.'

8)

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.