in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,775 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

D.S. publishing (question)

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: D.S. publishing (question)  (Read 2008 times)

Screwysquirrel

message icon
D.S. publishing (question)
« on: August 19, 2016, 04:50:48 AM »

I wanted to ask about D.S.Publishing! I know that the title "Stories by Famous Authors Illustrated" is included in the company comic scans, and that this comic is listed as being published by "Seaboard Publishing" and that there are also 5 issues titled "Fast Fiction" published by this company, I assume this is the same company as D.S. Publishing? I am trying to complete a run of comics by this publisher, i wanted to know if someone has a complete list of all of their publications,i would be greatful for the help
Wayne
ip icon Logged

73042helloworld

message icon
Re: D.S. publishing (question)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 06:08:16 AM »

D, S. Publishing is something I'm unfamiliar with, but I have some information about Seaboard.

Seaboard Published 5 issues of Fast Fiction, skipped a month Then reprinted them in order as Stories by Famous Authors Illustrated followed by 8 new issues.  In Issue 13, they printed a "Coming Next" page for no. 14 "The Red Badge of Courage." Their format was identical to Classics Illustrated and the main Classics artist, Henry C. Keifer at least 4 or 5 issues of FAI.

Gilberton (publishers of Classics Illustrated) acquired Seaboard before the 14th issue was published.  Gilberton acquired not only the company name but also the 30 the 30 pages drawn for "Red Badge of Courage" which they published in the 98th issue of Classics Illustrated.  The used the Seaboard name and (I assume) printing contracts as an in-house publisher creating a new title, Classics Illustrated Junior which lasted 76 Issues.  I will stop here so I don't write twenty or thirty pages about CI.  There are extra Classic Illustrated issues in Europe, Greece, 1 in Italy and over 100 in Brazil.
ip icon Logged

Screwysquirrel

message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 04:43:29 AM »

Hello 73042helloworld
Thank you for your reply,i did not know of the connection between "Seaboard and Gilberton" that is interesting
Wayne
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 01:00:30 PM »

May I credit you with this information at GCD and how would you like to be credited.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.