in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Mighty Crusaders and Mighty Comics ?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Mighty Crusaders and Mighty Comics ?  (Read 3295 times)

Americafan

message icon
Mighty Crusaders and Mighty Comics ?
« on: August 25, 2016, 07:19:15 PM »

Are the Silver Age Mighty Crusaders comics and the Mighty Comics series in public domain?  They were published in the mid-1960's at the same time as a lot of other books that are public domain, like most of the Charlton superhero comics.
ip icon Logged

movielover

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Mighty Crusaders and Mighty Comics ?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 07:25:36 PM »

No
ip icon Logged

Americafan

message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 02:26:18 AM »

I figured as much, but had hoped.  Archie has not done their superheroes justice.  They have published a few reprints, but most of their stuff has not seen print since it was originally published.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 03:29:03 AM »

I sorta agree Americanfan.
MLJ was one of my earliest exposures to the Goldenage and Silver-age via the second Super-Hero Digest in the summer of 1979.  A great sampler of the Mighty Comics heroes, a couple Archie Pureheart stories and one much newer Blackhood cover feature by Giordano.  Great cover!  I loved the hen-pecked Web stories the most.

Over the years Archie has licensed out their heroes three or more times.  Twice to DC in recent times.  For some reason they don't seem to stick with people.  That and I wonder if they've been given enough time to find their audience.

They are now running them as the Dark Circle line
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Circle_Comics

I'm ashamed to say I haven't read any.  But I plan to get any trades they put out if they put any out.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 10:21:58 AM »

I enjoyed Archie's Red Circle revival of the characters but not the switch to Dark Circle. All the fun is gone except the Fox who they retroed in
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 05:03:43 PM »

You're so right narfstar.  It's all so dark and threatening.  The Fox exempted of course - good fun!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.