in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,068 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hi, greetings from Poland

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hi, greetings from Poland  (Read 1961 times)

Skautpl

message icon
Hi, greetings from Poland
« on: August 29, 2016, 05:46:19 PM »

Hello, my name is Piotr and I am a museum worker, curator and educator. Currently I am looking for WWII era comics in which Poland and Poles are mentioned. Does anyone knows such comics?
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
Re: Hi, greetings from Poland
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 06:40:19 PM »

Quality's Military and Modern Comics and of course Blackhawk
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 10:17:16 AM »

Other than the Blackhawks other mentions would be in individual stories. My suggestion is pick out some war comics and enjoy the search by reading them :)
ip icon Logged

Skautpl

message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 12:38:31 PM »

Blackhawk was first one found :) If you will meet sth about PL just msg me. What I think, Blackhawk is to be craeated in comparison to polish RAF squads fighting in the Battle of Britain, but without any info from the crators that's just my assumption.
ip icon Logged

Skautpl

message icon
Poland and Poles in golden age comics
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 12:46:05 PM »

As I/ve reported almost two years ago, I'm trying to write about the image of Poland and Poles in WW2 US comics. Just have ended reading the database and choosing original material. Mass of that... Time for the next stage - writing. But this will probably take some time, esp. that american serious (historical) books about wwii cartoons are unavailable in our libraries and way to expensive to buy. Bot I will try. so far I am working on a chapter where Polish subject have no connection with war (such example as in The Legend of Saturday Mountain. A Polish Fairy Tale (in:) Fairy Tales Parade, no 9 (XI.1943
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 02:24:37 AM »

I recently read a book about all of the Airforces and governments in exile in the UK during World War 11. I can't locate it or remember the author but if and when I do I'll pass it on to you. Incidently, you may not know but the highest mountain in Australia is Mt.Kosciuszko after the Polish Hero. It was named by the Polish Explorer, Strzelecki who was notable in Australian Exploration.

https://www.thoughtco.com/mount-kosciuszko-highest-mountain-in-australia-755926

Na zdrowie!   
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.