in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,781 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hi from France

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hi from France  (Read 1460 times)

karinep06

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: karinep06
message icon
Hi from France
« on: September 04, 2016, 03:53:40 PM »

My name is Karine, living in France and fan of Comics.I find your web site surfing on the web. Thank you very much for accepting me!!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Hi from France
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 05:01:33 PM »

Hello Karine.  Welcome to CB+.  Good to have you here.  There's a lot to find and enjoy and we look forward to hearing from you on the forum.
ip icon Logged

73042helloworld

message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 07:29:16 PM »

Hi Karine,

France was somewhat active in comic books for years, but it's hard to find scans of much of their work.  In the 1950s there was a series called MONDIAL AVENTURES that lasted about 30 issues of which I wish I had scans, especially no. 29 THE NARRATIVE OF ARTHUR GORDON PYM.  These books were nearly identical in style to the United States series CLASSICS ILLUSTRATED. 

Don Bearden age 74 and still going
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 02:14:50 AM »

Welcome Karine. Enjoy the English and few French comics here. Lots of fun stuff.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.