in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,017 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Indians Attacking an 'Iron Horse'

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Indians Attacking an 'Iron Horse'  (Read 1757 times)

area310dude

message icon
Indians Attacking an 'Iron Horse'
« on: September 16, 2016, 07:56:42 PM »

Hi All,

Would you folks that read Western and Native American comics happen to recall an issue that starts out with Indians attacking a beautifully drawn railroad train?

I can't remember much about the title, publisher, or anything else.  I saw it on this website a couple years ago and when I went back to download it I couldn't find it.  Maybe it was taken down.  I've been using the Google search engine on-and-off this past year without any hits.

There are plenty of comics that have this kind of story 'arc' but I can't find the particular one I had seen.

thanks very much
Jonas
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Indians Attacking an 'Iron Horse'
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 12:58:21 AM »

ip icon Logged

area310dude

message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 02:12:43 AM »

i first saw it on this website, though.

it wasn't a cover picture.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:26:44 PM by area310dude »
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 08:21:06 PM »

There are so many westerns here that it's difficult to sort through them. I started with the idea that if your story featured a well-drawn train, it's more likely to have come from a publisher who hired good "hardware men." So many artists sloughed off complicated stuff like trains.

Two publishers came to mind: Lev Gleason's Black Diamond was big on Indian attacks. William Overgard and, especially, Dick Rockwell were good with machinery. Browsing through Black Diamond I found a really nice Dick Rockwell splash that matches your criteria. It's on our page 3 of issue 33:

https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=21348

Is that it?

Quality also had some good hardware artists in titles like Crack Western. but they don't seem to have been much into Indian attacks. By the way, do you remember whether your story was a lead story or an interior story?
ip icon Logged

area310dude

message icon
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 08:32:04 PM »

I think it was the lead story.

And the train attack wasn't really the main focus of the story either, if i recall correctly.

It wasn't Black Diamond, thanks.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.