in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Uploading Books

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Uploading Books  (Read 2354 times)

srca1941

• VIP
message icon
Uploading Books
« on: October 14, 2016, 01:37:55 AM »

Is there any way to simplify the section field when uploading books to the site? It is SO long and difficult to find things. Perhaps break it down into two fields; publisher and then title?

Also is there any way for the uploader to add the cover date to the book? It doesn't seem to do much good to have that field if the cover date for every book is "unknown."

-Eric
ip icon Logged

bdw

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Uploading Books
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 05:10:37 AM »

the section field is pretty much just like DCM's, but CB+ has more stuff so it takes longer to sift through (though I would agree that the Publisher should stand out more)

You can't add the date because there is code automatically built into the system that will put it there after a few days, linked in from GCD. That's where the creator/story data comes from too.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 06:56:53 AM by Kracalactaka »
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 08:47:49 AM »

Taking points in no particular order

1) If the date is on GCD then eventually it will appear. It may take sometime though!

2) I add the GCD reference in and have been a slacker so will catch up this weekend

3) I agree about the list it is getting really long ... I have some other stuff that needs to be coded first but I  will put it on the "to-do" list.

4) For non GCD books or ones without dates if at the end of the issue name [1950-01-31] or [1950-01] or [1950] is added .. this will update the date field in database ... Year-Month-Day in square brackets ... but again do not expect it to happen immediately ... everything takes time here!

5) I have been really busy the last few months but have winter penciled in for a spot of hibernation and CB+ing.
ip icon Logged

bdw

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 10:06:37 PM »

thanks for the tip on the dates Mark
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.