in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,775 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Oracle City

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Oracle City  (Read 1526 times)

Abishai100

message icon
Oracle City
« on: October 15, 2016, 11:16:21 PM »

Here's a Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) adapted fan-fic about Peter Parker coming to terms with the notion that modern-day New York is an 'oracle-city' where angels and demons are manifest through the power of 'waking dreams.'

====

Norman Osborn and Gabriel Stacy had one thing in common --- Peter Parker.  Peter did not know about Gabriel being his long-lost son; nor did he know that Norman held a continuing secret grudge against him.  Norman's son Harry had donned the mantle of the Green Goblin (calling himself the 'New Goblin'), but the 'spirit' of the Green Goblin still loomed in Norman's mind.  Meanwhile, Gabriel had become the Grey Goblin after ingesting some of the Oscorp serum that Harry kept in his bedroom.

Peter was still a photographer for the Daily Bugle, and his boss, Mr. Jameson, requested that Peter find some high-quality jet-glider soaring photos of the Grey Goblin in action, since there were rumors that there was something criminal brewing for Halloween Eve.  Peter was able to snap his handy-dandy camera and take photos of Grey Goblin (Gabriel Stacy) gliding around the New York subway station creating general turbulence.  After Peter snapped the photos, he quickly put on his Spidey suit and tied up Grey Goblin in cobwebs for the NYPD to manage.

Norman Osborn sent a memo to Peter Parker at the Daily Bugle:

"Congratulations, Peter on your excellent photos of the Grey Goblin who is thankfully finally in police custody.  I am writing to you to inform you that my son Harry Osborn is not the Green Goblin (as some have speculated); the Green Goblin lives but is lurking around somewhere in NYC as a 'phantom-spirit,' and I think I know how to make contact with it, but I need Spider-Man's help, so tell your friend (the hero) to meet me on the rooftop of the Empire State Building on Devil's Night (the night before Halloween), which is when I suspect Green Goblin's 'phantom-spirit' will be brewing something evil for Halloween Eve!"

Peter decided to meet Norman on the roof of the Empire State Building (as Spider-Man) on Devil's Night.  However, when Spidey showed up, it was the fully-suited Green Goblin who was waiting for him, and to Spidey's horror, the Grey Goblin (Gabriel Stacy) soared in too after escaping from prison.  Spider-Man was now sure that Green Goblin was Norman Osborn, but he was still unaware that Grey Goblin was his estranged son Gabriel Stacy.

GREEN GOBLIN: You're so brave to show up here, Spider-Man (where's Peter?).
GREY GOBLIN: Let's just kill Spidey and let Parker show up to take photos!
SPIDER-MAN: I know it's you Norman! Give up (you too, 'Grey Goblin'!).

GREEN GOBLIN: Why should I?  Did you know Grey Goblin is YOUR son (Gabriel Stacy)?
GREY GOBLIN: It's true 'daddy'! Mom (Gwen) told me last night!
SPIDER-MAN: So, you two are working together --- Well, Norman/Gabriel --- surrender.

GREEN GOBLIN: We own the night (Devil's Night!).  NYC will become nightmare-central.
GREY GOBLIN: Isn't it fun to corrupt humanity's daydreams (dad)?
SPIDER-MAN: Superpowers are for responsible civic duty.  You two are pure evil!

Spider-Man started shooting massive amounts of cobwebs and tied up Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) and Grey Goblin (Gabriel Stacy).  When the NYPD showed up, Spidey disappeared and changed into Peter Parker; Peter took photos of the two eerie goblins tied up in cobwebs for the Daily Bugle.  Peter's boss, Mr. Jameson, was very happy with the photos and declared Peter Parker 'Spider-Man's secret angel.'  Peter/Spidey felt very spiritually satisfied, but he wondered if Oscorp's 'goblin serum' was transforming NYC into a haven for 'mad science.'

====

Oscorp:

http://theoscorpindustries.weebly.com/

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Oracle City
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 11:29:39 PM »

Pretty cool. It wrapped a little too easy but fun. Have you considered writing a story for InDELLible Comics

https://www.facebook.com/groups/114254119027859/
ip icon Logged

Abishai100

message icon
Re: Oracle City
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 11:52:24 PM »

Thanks narfstar,

I just joined the group on Facebook (thanks for the lead!).

I'll work on my choppy endings (I've received that criticism before actually).
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.