in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,775 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

BRAIN BOY BELONGS TO DARK HORSE?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: BRAIN BOY BELONGS TO DARK HORSE?  (Read 969 times)

ChuckyDoll

message icon
BRAIN BOY BELONGS TO DARK HORSE?
« on: October 21, 2016, 02:47:44 AM »

Brain Boy is in public domain or the Drak Horse own this character? Can I use my own version of him, without facing any legal issues?
ip icon Logged

EHowie60

message icon
Re: BRAIN BOY BELONGS TO DARK HORSE?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 03:16:03 AM »

Well, seeing as how his Dell comics adventures are on the site here, it's pretty safe to say that this version of him is public domain: https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=2490. The folks here seem pretty good with copyright. But it's entirely possible that the more recent Dark Horse character is not in the public domain, or at least that the new Dark Horse stories aren't.
ip icon Logged

ChuckyDoll

message icon
Re: BRAIN BOY BELONGS TO DARK HORSE?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 03:20:18 AM »

Thank you so much for this reply, seriously. I've been trying to find an answer for some Public Domain characters and Brain Boy was one of them. Thank you so much man!  ;D
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.