in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Captain Flame

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Captain Flame  (Read 1103 times)

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Captain Flame
« on: November 22, 2016, 07:17:00 PM »

Over the years I've seen tantalizing excerpts of Septimus Scott's Captain Flame. Does anyone have scans of his stories?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Captain Flame
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 09:02:06 AM »

Really difficult, crash. The problem with all the AP/Fleetway Pocket Libraries is with rusty staples. The poorish paper round the staples not only discolours because of the rust, it also deteriorates badly.  The only way to satisfactorily scan one of these books is by dismantling it and you can't put it back together. Spreading the comic out makes it fall to bits.  As they are quite expensive to buy, and rare, I can't see many folk scanning them.  There are facsimiles being offered right now but no Captain Flame stories. 
I don't know if you've seen this Book Palace page, if not, it might interest you:-
http://www.bookpalace.com/acatalog/Septimus_Scott_Art.html
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.