in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,775 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

hi

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: hi  (Read 1286 times)

bongocongo

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bongocongo
message icon
hi
« on: December 07, 2016, 03:03:57 AM »

I am a new member here. I collected comics when I was younger, but quit when the price went to 12 cents.

I am here to meet others with a similiar experience.
ip icon Logged

anal-retentive Bob

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: anal-retentive Bob
message icon
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 10:16:50 PM »

New, too! quit regular purchases before it hit 15 cents (I know Classics Illustrated went to 15 cents in the fifties and a couple of issues of Weird Science-Fantasy were 15 cents).
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 08:49:37 AM »

Hello bongocongo and welcome to CB+.  As I'm in a different country, I never really noticed the cent change on the cover as most American comics available here were overstamped with a pence price. But despite the price rising inexorably, if slowly at first - we're talking about the '60's here - I was addicted.  So I kept buying and reading.  Couldn't afford many and there were loads of home grown titles to tempt the young reader too.
Enjoy the eclectic selection we have here and join in the forum.
Bob, didn't Dell prices go up and down for a while, also?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 01:22:53 PM »

Welcome Bongo and Bob. I started buying at twelve cents and did not stop when they went to fifteen. I do remember the change though. PA did not tax books. I got my 8 comics for a dollar and had to put one back because they were then fifteen cents.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.