in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,068 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

URGENT - Your Chance To Become A Real Comic Book Hero - JVJ Fund Raiser

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: URGENT - Your Chance To Become A Real Comic Book Hero - JVJ Fund Raiser  (Read 3214 times)

MarkWarner

• Administrator

PLEASE READ DOWN as we need your help to finish off a project, which started way back in Sep 2008! At that time, a forum post appeared on our original site. from Jim Vadeboncoeur Jr. (hereafter known as JVJ).

https://comicbookplus.com/forum/index.php/topic,856.0.html

The post offers scanning access to his MASSIVE collection of Comic Books. The deal was JVJ would box them up in batches and post to scanners. A fund was set up to cover the round trip postage. Are you with me so far???

Well, this has been going on ever since. For years JVJ and our good friends at  http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/ have been doing all the hard work, and we have all been reaping the rewards.

The project is now nearing its end BUT with a GRAND FINALE featuring an AMAZING 600 COMICS whizzing around the U.S.  However. the BAD NEWS is that the postage fund is overdrawn by quite a few digits.

So over here at CB+ we need to help fill that financial hole: TODAY, TOMORROW or ASAP!.

Please make donations via PayPal.com and addressed to bhouse @ captainaero. com. Remove the spaces in the email address to donate. These will go to Rangerhouse one of the pillars of the scanning team who is helping wind the fund up.

By the time this project ends WAY OVER 4,000 of Jim's books will have been scanned and saved for posterity, allowing us the chance to read them TOTALLY FOR FREE rather than do stupid boring stuff like mowing the lawn or washing the car! HURRAH FOR JVJ!

Beneath we have two photographs 1) Shows JUST PART of JVJ's collection of comics. 2) A batch of comics which are currently being processed and need to be shipped (which is why we are here now!)

Just so you know the link beneath shows all the books which have been scanned so far (its a LONG LIST spread over 39 pages!):

https://comicbookplus.com/?cbplus=jvjarchive_s_s_0

And remember, there are around another 600 books in the pipeline. So as this LEGENDARY PROJECT nears its end, YOU have a LAST CHANCE to be a little part of the story with a MUCH VALUED contribution towards the fund!

Just to make sure you have got the message I will repeat it again in BIG LARGE LETTERS :)

A great many thanks and VERY HAPPY 2017!

PLEASE donate any amount big or small
via PayPal.com to bhouse @captainaero. com
Remove spaces in email address to donate.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:59:45 PM by movielover »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: URGENT - Your Chance To Become A Real Comic Book Hero - JVJ Fund Raiser
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 02:59:51 PM »

I'd love to donate but how?  All that happens is I click the link and get to something called Outlook set-up.  Don't know what it is, don't want it.
I use paypal regularly and have never seen this stuff.
So what I did was opened my paypal a/c and pasted in the .com address, entered the amount and chose method of payment. Easy. And what I'd normally do  No footering about with whatever Outlook is. ;D
Any other luddites or folk not very good with technology, just do what I did and don't click the link.
ip icon Logged

bdw

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 04:14:50 PM »

do not click on the link to the email address, that is not how it works, there is no hotlink to paypal

That email should not be hot linked, though the message board software automatically hot links email addresses thinking that you will want to email someone with Microsoft's default email program, outlook

just log in to paypal as you usually would to send someone money and send it to the email address.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 05:11:06 PM »

Hi Gang,
Thanks so much to anyone out there that can help with a donation.

And yes, Mark, you might want to remove that link if possible.

Let's see the project end in the black.  The final 600 scans have been going up for the last month or so and should last a while yet into 2017.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 04:40:35 AM »

Hey Gang, we've reached our goal!
Thank-you all so much for your help with the final round of the JVJ Project.

Expect a very nice batch of books on Valentine's Day and others over the next while as the editors work their way through JVJ's final 600 books to be sent to us.

-Yoc
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 07:05:49 PM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 06:50:04 AM »

Coolio! That was a great effort! And by the sound of it loads of goodies still to come!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.