in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,991 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Extracting individual pages as jpgs (etc) from .cbz file

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Extracting individual pages as jpgs (etc) from .cbz file  (Read 24305 times)

holyd490

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: holyd490
message icon
Extracting individual pages as jpgs (etc) from .cbz file
« on: March 10, 2009, 07:19:26 PM »

hey everyone, i'm new on this site and i think its really awesome-

i do have a question, though- for which i could not find the answer- if it is already addressed elsewhere, a link to that thread would be quite helpful...

do you all know of a way to extract the individual page files so that they can be accessed, separately from the whole?  I tried it in photoshop, but wasn't able to.

I also know i could do some screen captures, but such can be a mess of work.

Thanks!

dan
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
Re: Extracting individual pages as jpgs (etc) from .cbz file
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 07:24:32 PM »

Behind the garage, there's a tree with a knot in the wood three feet high.  Gently press in the knot and follow the staircase down, where the minotaur will give you...

Actually, a CBZ file is just a renamed ZIP file; CBR is a renamed RAR.  Tell your favorite archiving program to open it (I recently posted a link to wobzip.com, which'll work if you rename the files and aren't sure what the heck I'm talking about), and the files should all be there.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 07:49:09 PM »

hey everyone, i'm new on this site and i think its really awesome-

i do have a question, though- for which i could not find the answer- if it is already addressed elsewhere, a link to that thread would be quite helpful...

do you all know of a way to extract the individual page files so that they can be accessed, separately from the whole?  I tried it in photoshop, but wasn't able to.

I also know i could do some screen captures, but such can be a mess of work.

Thanks!

dan

Dan, I'm on a PC and use CDisplay to view the downloads. If you right-click on a page and choose [Save Page][To File], you can save each individual page to a .jpg that you can open in Photoshop.

Try it and let me know if it works.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 08:04:49 PM »

What Jim said works fine for individual pages. If you want to do the whole book just rename from cbz to zip or cbr to rar. Then if you double click it your probably already installed program will open the whole thing as single files.
ip icon Logged

holyd490

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: holyd490
message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 10:03:05 PM »

Hey thanks everybody, so much!  I think just saving them individually works, but i'll play around with the other methods.

Thanks again!

Dan
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 10:28:03 PM »

If you right-click on a page and choose [Save Page][To File],

If you're in "Windowed Mode" you can hold the "alt" key, then press "F" then "V" to save the page to whatever folder you want.  It's the same thing Jim suggests, but I find it easier & quicker.
ip icon Logged

moondood

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: moondood
message icon
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 05:08:14 AM »

You can also use Comic Book Lover (a free mac demo) -- open the file, go to menu>thumbnail drawer (if it's not already open) -- and you'll see the thumbnail images in the thumbnail drawer.

Just drag the image from the drawer/window onto your desktop.  Works in the demo and the registered version.

Macs only--I think! (???)

This is good if you want just one or two images --  ads or the cover for some project, for instance.

If you want to get all pages, change .cbr to .rar (or .cbz to .zip) in the file name and use whatever you use to open up compressed files and folders (like stuffit expander).

MoonDood
ip icon Logged

ComicFan1

message icon
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 10:54:42 AM »

I have developed freeware software to do this.  It currently supports CBR, CBZ and PDF

You can extract just the cover or all pages.
You can process a single file, or every file in your collection.

I am working on a web site for it.  In the meantime, message me and I can arrange to make it available to you.  Ill post some more info on it as soon as the web site is available

I posted some more info on it here
https://comicbookplus.com/forum/index.php/topic,5908.0.html
ip icon Logged

ComicFan1

message icon
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 04:33:38 PM »

The software that I mentioned is now available for use

I have called it "Comic Utility Belt"

info is here
https://comicbookplus.com/forum/index.php/topic,5908.msg44637.html#msg44637

download here
http://sourceforge.net/p/comicutility
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.