in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,017 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

New Comic Books

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: New Comic Books  (Read 1132 times)

chrisbryan

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: chrisbryan
message icon
New Comic Books
« on: February 06, 2017, 12:42:24 AM »

So I've been visiting this great site for awhile. Thanks to all who contribute scans of these wonderful old comic books. I started reading comics when I was three years old; this would be 1969. I  was taught how to read by Stan Lee! I collected comic books all through the 70s and 80s. I basically stopped collecting when the standard cover prices hit $1. As a kid growing up paying 15, 20, 25, and 35 cents per book, I couldn't pay a whole dollar (it was hard enough when they got to 60 and 75 cents). I still look at comics when I come across them but am saddened at the current state of things. The comic books being produced today are a far cry from what I grew up with.....I mean, what's with all the alternate covers, multiple spin-offs, weird art and convoluted stories? I know, it's probably just me turning into an old man. That's why I love the ComicBookPlus site; it takes me back to the good old days of REAL comic books. Anyone out there feel the way I do? By the way, I'm Chris from Paris, Texas.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: New Comic Books
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 04:43:33 PM »

A lot of us agree with you Chris. A group of us are reviving Dell Comics to bring back the old fun days. Go to InDELLible Comics on Facebook and check it out
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: New Comic Books
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 05:30:49 PM »

Hello Chris.  Glad you made yourself known to the rest of us fans.
Like narfstar, I also agree with you about the state of things and I read very few new comics and most of those are digital editions.  Apart from anything else, I'm running out of space.
Have a look at the reading group, I think you'll be delighted with this weeks choice of Thunder Agents.  If you do read the book, post your comments - the more the merrier.
Paris, Texas? was that not a film?
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.