in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,778 books
 New: 212 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Features:

Pages: 1 [2]

topic icon Author Topic: Features:  (Read 22001 times)

phabox

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Features:
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 05:39:02 PM »

Who was your co-star in this pic ?

Was it Lofty by any chance ?  ;)

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 06:56:54 PM »

No Lofty is actually taller and skinnier than I am.
He played the sand-skimmer vehicle and got paid more money than I did because they let him do his own stunt work!

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 11:46:34 PM »

Man this is getting so funny and so off topic. Thanks for making my day.

Geo
ip icon Logged

cyager69

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: cyager69
message icon
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 05:49:22 PM »

Although I have been a VIP member for what seems like ages here, this is my first post. Having been a member of various sites that deal with comics for the past 15 years, this has always been one of my favorites (Maybe because of my age, LOL). The one thing I always wished this site had was some way to see what the latest comics to be uploaded were. As a person who collects practically everything with regards to comics it is very time consuming to go thru each and every catagory to see what has been added and what I still need. This recommendation to list the most recent issues has been brought up for years in this section but still has not been addressed. In my opinion, it is the only thing neede to make this site perfect.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 05:52:58 PM »

Although I have been a VIP member for what seems like ages here, this is my first post. Having been a member of various sites that deal with comics for the past 15 years, this has always been one of my favorites (Maybe because of my age, LOL). The one thing I always wished this site had was some way to see what the latest comics to be uploaded were. As a person who collects practically everything with regards to comics it is very time consuming to go thru each and every catagory to see what has been added and what I still need. This recommendation to list the most recent issues has been brought up for years in this section but still has not been addressed. In my opinion, it is the only thing neede to make this site perfect.

Hi!

We are working on that!  :) For now you can use: http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/stats2.php  to see the last 100 or so uploads.

Thank you for your support.  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2013, 03:49:19 PM »

Ah, that last 100 uploads link is a good work-around for a complaint/suggestion I had for narfstar. So I will make it here--

Whenever a new upload to the site is announced it helps to provide a link to it, or failing that tell us which section it can be found in. I can kind of figure out that All Aboard Mr. Lincoln is in the pamphlets section. Strange Suspense Stories must be in the comic book section, but I'm drawing a blank on who published it--

But now that I see the 100 uploads link that is a way to find the new upload.

Another way around this would be if we could click on the name of the uploader and have a full list of what they uploaded. Maybe there's already a way to do that, but I couldn't figure it out.

And while I'm here, another thing I noticed in the compilations section is that when you look at a page in the compilations, it doesn't have the information attached from GCD. So for example, if I look for Tiger Girl in FIGHT COMICS, each issue has its GCD information. But when I look for Tiger Girl in the compilations, there isn't that info for each story. So if I want to know who did what, I have to go outside the compilation to find the info.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »

Do you mean the New: 999 books link on the yellow tool bar? If so it's 500. It also takes a bit of time to update, but that is the place  to find new stuff https://comicbookplus.com/?cbplus=latestuploads_l_s_0

The individual books we are manually putting in the GCD id and then if it matches it adds GCD info to the bottom of the comic. Compilations (courtesy of DCM) don't have a GCD id as they are not published. So we get nought :(

There is a big clean up operation happening, adding scanners and source are part of it. So watch this space ... lots of older versions of books that have been upgraded (covers added replaced fiches etc) will bite the dust. Alt versions are totally safe!!

I hate it when you basically have the same scans, older one and the newer one that has added center fold .. ads or whatever. Also if we have a nice paper version then the old fiche copy is no good for man or dog.

But just to confirm I am the guy who cries everyday about the programmes that the BBC wiped from their tapes. Criminal!!!  The missing Hancocks, Dr Who's etc. So if in ANY doubt it stays!
ip icon Logged

Artful

message icon
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »

I know this is too much to ask but nevertheless I'll give it a try :D
Here's a dream feature: ability to download all your comicmarked pages as one archive :)
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2013, 02:13:36 PM »

Hmmmm that is a good idea. A lot of work ... (I think) but let me mull it over.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.