in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 43,074 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

The Lantern-Arrow Civil War

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: The Lantern-Arrow Civil War  (Read 1339 times)

Abishai100

message icon
The Lantern-Arrow Civil War
« on: May 18, 2017, 09:18:41 PM »

DC Comics' Green Lantern and Green Arrow are a hot duo and make for exciting comic book storytelling, and I'm still waiting for a cool Lantern-Arrow duo film to come out (now that we have a Batman-Superman film!). Here's a fan-fic I wrote about Lantern and Arrow allowing a beautiful vigilante woman named Scarlett (an allusion to Hasbro's G.I. Joe's Scarlett) to come between them.

Is this heresy or just fun comic book chatter?

====

Hal Jordan (aka, 'Green Lantern') and Oliver Queen (aka, 'Green Arrow') were the famous vigilante team doing good deeds in America. They had already put behind bars the likes of Count Vertigo, Toyman, and Ra's al Ghul, but now they had to deal with something new: a beautiful woman (named Scarlett) who caught both their affections. Lantern and Arrow did not disclose to each other their secret love for Scarlett, but they would soon have to, since Scarlett was looking for a 'vigilante recruit' to help her rescue her female friend Mara from an underwater prison built by a terrorist group linked to ISIS.

LANTERN: I'm psyched to help Scarlett rescue Mara.
ARROW: That underwater prison sounds like something the Legion of Doom would build.
LANTERN: Scarlett sure is beautiful!
ARROW: Her friend Mara sounds interesting too...
LANTERN: How 'bout you go for Mara, and I'll go for Scarlett!
ARROW: Sounds intriguing {should I tell Hal I like Scarlett too?}!
LANTERN: Alright then, you go off on your own, and I'll stick close to Scarlett.
ARROW: Yes, and we'll meet up underwater (hopefully with Mara).
LANTERN: I bet you'll fall in love with Mara.
ARROW: Just take care of Scarlett...

As the mission proceeded, Lantern and Arrow found themselves swimming deep in the Pacific Ocean, hauling an unconscious but breathing Mara away from the underwater terrorist prison with Scarlett. Arrow was holding Mara in his arms, while Lantern was close to Scarlett as they swam to the surface. When they got above water, Lantern kissed Scarlett (Arrow was shocked!). However, Arrow realized he really liked Mara, so he let Lantern's affair with Scarlett develop.

Mara died one year later due to chemotherapy complications acquired during her imprisonment in the udnerwater terrorist lair. Now, Arrow was alone and in mourning and feeling very lonely. Meanwhile, Lantern and Scarlett had broken up, and Scarlett was now propositioning Arrow. When Lantern found out that Arrow was now courting Scarlett, he felt enraged and accused his friend Oliver of betrayal and piracy. Arrow was insulted and retorted, "Hey, you and Scarlett broke up, and Scarlett approached me to comfort me in my time of mourning!"

Some time later, Lantern and Arrow found themselves on a wide-open field in Holmdel, New Jersey engaged in a seminal wrestling match. The winner would get to pursue Scarlett's affections. Both superheroes believed they deserved Scarlett's hand, so the wrestling match drew the attention of Lex Luthor and Ra's al Ghul who schemed to use this new Lantern-Arrow schism to their criminal advantage. How would this Lantern-Arrow Civil War play out, and would Scarlett be the angel who would save this celebrated vigilante duo from a 'soap-opera' Hellmouth?

====

ip icon Logged

Abishai100

message icon
Dualism
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 11:49:59 PM »

Green Lantern and Green Arrow are great foils for each other since they complement each other in so many ways and create interesting dualism dialogue.

While other superhero-tandems are interesting (i.e., Batman and Superman), Green Lantern and Green Arrow are both, well, green, and exhibit powers very much like reflections of each other.

Green Arrow is a target-master (an archer) and hence very perceptive about the orientation of things, while Green Lantern is a power-magic wielder and ring-wielder and hence very sensitive about energy.

You can therefore say Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) is knowledgeable about the 'textures' of reality (and the position of objects situated in space), while Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) is wise about the 'attitude/metaphysics' of reality (and the appearance of objects in our universe).

That's what makes an Arrow-Lantern 'civil war' so...quaint!

====

ARROW: You can refer to me as 'Texture-Man.'
LANTERN: In that case, refer to me as 'Safety-Man.'
ARROW: Are you perceptive about insurance?
LANTERN: I nicely understand energy-levels and fatigue and hence devastation.
ARROW: Oh, and since I know about textures and orientations, I appreciate gravity...
LANTERN: You mean 'spiritual gravity'?
ARROW: Spiritual as well as physical (since I study targeting as it relates to position).
LANTERN: I'm starting to feel envious...

====

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.