in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 43,068 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Although being a boy?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Although being a boy?  (Read 2129 times)

tebsin49

message icon
Although being a boy?
« on: May 31, 2017, 01:16:27 AM »

Although being a boy living in Glasgow in fifties and sixties, nevertheless owing to the close proximity  four doors along. I was given the chance  to receive into my grubby little fists. An absolute cornucopia of not only girls comics Girl, Robin, Swift,  School Friend, Bunty and Judy?  The Family was all Girls! Then  on top of this  bundles upon bundles of Sunday Funnies which the woman`s sister sent regular monthly bundles either  America or Canada  I cannot remember. Thus I was exposed to Dick Tracy, The Katzenjammer Kids Little Nemo
Nancy and countless others ...My favourite was the Katzenjammer Kids it was so off the wall .... Meanwhile  I was getting delivered  Eagle, Lion, Tiger,Wizard,Hotspur, Rover,  later Victor and Valiant. Meanwhile I was buying  Guilty , Superman Batman Justice League of America , Aquaman, Sgt Rock,  Archie,  Kid Colt, Ghost Rider (on horse) pre motorbike,  Horror Uncanny Tales  Weird Tales Mad as well as The Sunday Post  and that upstart The Sunday Mail, Battler Britain, Kit Carson, the came The Renaisance  Commando Comics  Marvel Comics Doctor Strange Later I Street Sold OZ, International Times   Gandalfs Garden  Rolling Stone and Frendz....You could buy The Furry Freak Brothers , Nasty Tales  Doctowho and Star Trek made Science Fiction respectable you were  cool! No one regarded regarded you as some sort of pervert!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Although being a boy?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 03:55:26 AM »

Story is somewhat similar to mine teb. I got all the Archie and Harvey titles from an older girl cousin. Fortunately she also got Superman and Superboy titles including Adventure with the LSH.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Although being a boy?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 03:13:18 PM »

Mind you, tebsin, nowadays Oz and IT have a bit of a reputation.  One of them got busted, didn't it?
Just checked, it was Oz and you can read about it here:-
http://www.bl.uk/learning/timeline/item107457.html
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.