in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,781 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Faster Downloads...

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Faster Downloads...  (Read 2332 times)

doccomix

message icon
Faster Downloads...
« on: June 17, 2017, 08:55:04 AM »

This and the Digital Comic Museum are two of my very favorite comic sites. However the one thing that makes DCM slightly superior is the fact that one doesn't have to wait a minute between downloads. Why is that the case here? It occurs to me that if you wanted to encourage regular donations, CB+ could get rid of that irritating time-lag for those who contribute to the site every month. Is there a particular reason why Comic Book + can't get rid of the download lag?
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Faster Downloads...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 04:25:09 AM »

It is due to not wanting to annoy our hosting company. I do think about trying without though!

Money is GREAT WE NEED IT!!! But my thoughts are if you are paying for a service then there is an obligation to provide one and deal with complaints etc.

Best

Mark
ip icon Logged

doccomix

message icon
Re: Faster Downloads...
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 10:25:52 AM »

Well, you could try a two-tiered system and see if it works. Let people know it's only a temporary experiment. If it doesn't wind up taxing your server you could make it permanent. This would be only for those who contribute at least $5 monthly (as I do!). The worst that happens is that it doesn't work and you go back to your regular system.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.