in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,781 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256190 times)

MLK78

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: MLK78
message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2007, 07:29:26 PM »

I found this from being on ZCult, and I'm glad that I did, cause it seems like a lot of these are a lot harder to find that Golden Age DCs or Marvels
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 02:53:39 PM »

Welcome to the site MLK78, emile11 and kshapiro, nice to see a few more from ZCult who like reading golden age comics
ip icon Logged

gumbysloth

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: gumbysloth
message icon
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2007, 04:23:44 AM »

I'm a nut for the old comics , so I did a google search and I found my way here.  The Golden Age comics always are special and have always caught my eye.
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 11:45:28 AM »

Welcome to the forum gumbysloth, have to admit l used to like GA comics for their eyecatching cover art, nice to be actually able to read a few now
ip icon Logged

bwc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 07:52:41 PM »

I read about the sit at

www.comicbookgalaxy.com

I like the idea of digital comics from the golden age. I collect them on CD and have a lot, but many are what you consider still in copyright.

I will upload all you will allow though.

bwc
ip icon Logged

guydiborneo

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: guydiborneo
message icon
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2007, 10:29:13 PM »

I also came in through the Z-Cult door. I must say, this site is about the most fantastic thing that I can imagine. Thanks to everyone involved, from the planners to the scanners, from the posters to the hosters.

Guy
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2007, 11:46:42 AM »

Welcome to our new forum members, thought one of those names looked familiar  ;)
ip icon Logged

Broomhandle Mauser

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Broomhandle Mauser
message icon
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 07:15:30 PM »

hello all:

*bows deeply*

i've known about the site for some time, but busy with work and haven't been able to surf on by much...dl'd some  black hood comics last time...had some time today and came to the site and saw that a forum was up...also one of the ops/mods who's also a mod on zcult told me about the forum and came to check it out today...

was cool to find some airfighters and airboy comics here...loved the eclipse 80's version of airboy...looking to check out david nelson, father of davey, and of course The Heap :-)
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2007, 01:36:21 AM »

Glad to see you finally getting some time to check the place out there BM  :)
ip icon Logged

R-iZZy

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: R-iZZy
message icon
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2007, 03:54:31 AM »

knew about this site through an email sent to the Z-Cult mailing list. cool stuff to have a site dedicated to the Golden Age material.
ip icon Logged

mysteriososo

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: mysteriososo
message icon
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2007, 11:18:01 AM »

I found you while searching for information on Ace publishers. I'm a noob, but I like the older stuff and the the concept of preserving and sharing public domain material is a worthy one. I got in to older comics through the EC reprints and from there I got hooked.

I haven't had a chance to poke around the site and If I should ask this on another thread, let me know, but what's the best way of determining if something is public domain?

Thanks for all you are doing.
ip icon Logged

Gi_Joe_Snake_Eyes

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Gi_Joe_Snake_Eyes
message icon
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2007, 02:25:55 AM »

I was informed about this forum on the Zoot Radio OTR message board.  I am a big fan of everything from the 40s and I love golden age comics.  My favorites are Superman, Batman, Sgt. Rock's Easy Company and Blackhawk.

My real name is Forester, but my user name comes from my favorite comic series, G.I. Joe, a Marvel comic from the 80s based on the toyline.  Yo Joe!

I'm 19, and I'm a college student.
ip icon Logged

pimpernel

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2007, 10:34:16 PM »

I found this place through the ZCult site, which i've used maybe half a dozen times.  I was looking for Captain Marvel/Marvel Family stuff and somehow found that place.

This is a really cool site and i hope it takes off.
ip icon Logged

v.k.ratliff

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: v.k.ratliff
message icon
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2007, 03:08:13 AM »

I found this spot through Serj's referrals at Z-Cult. Looked like a great site, but I didn't realize exactly what was here until I came over and looked around. Amazing stuff.
ip icon Logged

jofl0723

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: jofl0723
message icon
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2008, 01:31:37 AM »

My younger brother gave me the URL and suggested I have a look.

I'm in USA. living in New England. I've been reading comics since the 1960's and have only heard about some of the titles you have on the site. I'm anxious to check into what's out here.

John
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2008, 03:02:41 AM »

Welcome aboard John, enjoy your stay.
ip icon Logged

alooma

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: alooma
message icon
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2008, 01:37:55 PM »

:o I GORT TWO KNOOOUW UU VIA A SEARCH ENGINE ??? I'M A FAN OF COMICS SO WHILE SEARCHING I SAW THIS SITE...... ;D
I THINK DAT DOES IT ::)
ip icon Logged

acidolem

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: acidolem
message icon
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2008, 04:16:17 AM »

hi hope I'm in the right spot. Very cool site. Found out about it while it was down. I was buying DVD PD disks off of E bay .Police/ Plastic man/ Spirit- Eisner, Cole stuff. as I searched what was on the DVD I bought.  I discovered this site. Still not able to download yet but I'm sure that will happen in time.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2008, 05:47:31 AM »

hi hope I'm in the right spot. Very cool site. Found out about it while it was down. I was buying DVD PD disks off of E bay .Police/ Plastic man/ Spirit- Eisner, Cole stuff. as I searched what was on the DVD I bought.  I discovered this site. Still not able to download yet but I'm sure that will happen in time.

Check out the GA-UK faq in my siggy.

B.  ;D
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2008, 04:49:04 PM »

Welcome Mysterio!

Aussie our top moderator has a link - Wanted Comics that might help here:
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2.0.html

You can read an entire "Comics Not Allowed" section on public domain titles on the site here:
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,15.0.html

and Lanfeust has started a link trying to figure out a PD database here:
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,389.0.html

I haven't had a chance to poke around the site and If I should ask this on another thread, let me know, but what's the best way of determining if something is public domain?

Thanks for all you are doing.

ip icon Logged

backflash

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: backflash
message icon
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2008, 07:05:04 PM »

Hi there, it has been a while since I found this site, but as I recall I came across a thread while searching for comic related sites on Google.
I am a long time fan of comics, being 60 yrs old and from the UK, I learned to read with Dandy and Beano and then came to Canada and continued my love affair with comics.
My main interest is with Golden Age comics, not much of a fan of Super Heroes, but I like Westerns, Crime, and General Family type comics.
I have many comics , but have yet to research which are Public Domain.
Hope I can contribute something to the forum. :D
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2008, 08:19:25 PM »

Hi there, it has been a while since I found this site, but as I recall I came across a thread while searching for comic related sites on Google.
I am a long time fan of comics, being 60 yrs old and from the UK, I learned to read with Dandy and Beano and then came to Canada and continued my love affair with comics.
My main interest is with Golden Age comics, not much of a fan of Super Heroes, but I like Westerns, Crime, and General Family type comics.
I have many comics , but have yet to research which are Public Domain.
Hope I can contribute something to the forum. :D

Welcome! We all look forward to your contributions.

B.  ;D
ip icon Logged

comicOD

message icon
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2008, 01:45:57 AM »

Basically, I was just doing a search for online comics and found this place!
Very cool! ;)

I've read very little golden age comics in the past. Some of the sci-fi horror comics on
here I've found quite intriguing.
ip icon Logged

EmoEfomo

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: EmoEfomo
message icon
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2008, 10:40:18 AM »

Having just registered, I would like first to wish everyone a nice Easter, if this is a holiday that you celebrate. (I do.) Second, Greetings!

How found? I stumbled upon this site while searching for subjects relating to vintage comics. I'm not a collector, but occasionally need a dose of a good comic. I generally don't care for contemporary issues, but the local place's prices for the older material that I enjoy can be a little more than my fixed budget can bear. (sigh - but peacefully)

Again: Greetings!
ip icon Logged

srgiri

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2008, 11:13:42 AM »

Just by Googling around. :) about downloading free comic books.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.