in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,781 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256195 times)

tourneur

message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #750 on: June 22, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »

Another site ( I don
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #751 on: June 24, 2014, 12:42:25 AM »

We like to have something for everyone. Enjoy Tia Vicenta and try some others.
ip icon Logged

jarrodmon

message icon
« Reply #752 on: July 04, 2014, 08:07:25 AM »

Researching 1800s dime novels and became amazed by the content level here. Loving the Golden Age comics.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #753 on: July 04, 2014, 08:33:45 AM »

Welcome, we also strive to be an International site as well, slowly, modestly. Take a look. And again walcome home.

Mr_Goldenage
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #754 on: July 04, 2014, 11:00:00 AM »

Jarrod we are glad you are able to love the GA with us.
ip icon Logged

joebee6137

message icon
« Reply #755 on: July 11, 2014, 04:17:53 PM »

I found you folks through a link posted on the 'Charlton Arrow' facebook page and I'm very pleased with what I've stumbled onto. Thanks...! ::)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #756 on: July 12, 2014, 02:02:04 PM »

Welcome Joe it may likely have been one of my links that brought you here hope you stay.
ip icon Logged

chiladelphia

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: chiladelphia
message icon
« Reply #757 on: July 17, 2014, 08:44:22 PM »

there was a link in a newsletter from smashing mag. I just started listening to superheros! by michael kantor and this was just in time.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #758 on: July 18, 2014, 12:08:01 AM »

And you probably have a lifetime of reading here..... welcome and enjoy!

Mr_Goldenage

Check Out Our Non-English Section if you like.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #759 on: July 18, 2014, 03:59:07 PM »

No idea what smashing mag is but welcome to CB+.  So much to read and discover.  But your short intro. made me go and look up Kantor & Co. and I just found out a lot of interesting stuff and opinions.  Thanks.
Enjoy the comics.
ip icon Logged

fabian5003

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: fabian5003
message icon
« Reply #760 on: July 18, 2014, 06:56:32 PM »

I found you thanks to this article of a Spanish Tech News site:

http://alt1040.com/2014/07/comics-digital
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #761 on: July 18, 2014, 07:10:34 PM »

Wow.  That's a great write-up.  Thanks for the link.  But surely there are 3 great things about the site, not 2.  The third being the nice folk who run it and the members who happily chat about their likes and dislikes and share discoveries with the the rest of us ;D
Welcome to CB+, fabian.  There really are amazing reading experiences, so get stuck in and enjoy the comics.
ip icon Logged

malaprop

message icon
« Reply #762 on: August 02, 2014, 07:26:00 PM »

I googled Comicscorral just to see if they had come back from the dead, and found a link to here for former corrallers.
ip icon Logged

jedtdantes

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: jedtdantes
message icon
« Reply #763 on: August 03, 2014, 03:29:33 AM »

Sometimes, when you come across something that really interests you, you keep looking until you find that place that gives you the information you want.  For me, it started back in the my comic book collecting days of the late 70's and early 80's. I bought a pair of Golden Age comic collections.  The first was The Magnificent Superheroes of Comics Golden Age published by Vintage Features in 1979.  It contained reproduced 12 comic book stories in black and white featuring such heroes as The Hangman, Daredevil, The Shield, The Web, Capt. Battle, Black Jack and Blue Bolt.  The other collection was The Golden Age Review published by Superlith, Incorporated, in 1978.  It featured additional heroes not included in the first: Bulletman, Spy Smasher, Blue Beetle, Black Hood, Green Lama and Airboy as well as others.  These stories were also reproduced in black and white.  Both collections were $5 a piece.  The nice thing about The Golden Age Review collection was that it contains a little background info on the character, its creator and artist(s).  Also, it provided cover reproductions, albeit black and white like the stories, but I still enjoyed both and still own both.  It recent months I've been revisiting my comic collection and interests, and my research only naturally led me to this site.  It's a fabulous site!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #764 on: August 03, 2014, 09:24:40 AM »

That's a good story.  Always interesting to hear how other fans got started, or re-started in your case.  Thanks for the background and the compliment.  Now all you have to do is dive in.  (Now why does that remind me of Uncle Scrooge "swimming" in his money bin? )    You also might fancy a look at our British and Non English sections, lots of good art and stories.  Feel free to chip in on the forum.
Enjoy the comics.
ip icon Logged

ernie

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: ernie
message icon
« Reply #765 on: August 05, 2014, 02:50:45 PM »

Just surfing the web looking for info on old comics.  Comics were a big part of my childhood.  [I'm 79  but very young at heart.  Still love the old movies and comics.  Who says you can't live in the  past?]  Incidentally I have already subscribed for a year.  Very modest amount but hope it helps

Ernie
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #766 on: August 05, 2014, 03:47:29 PM »

Welcome to CB+. 
"Who says you can't live in the  past?"  Not me! I'm happy living in the past, when comics were great entertainment.
Do you know there is a comic strip with your name? - Our Ernie, which appeared in the British weekly, Knockout.  Samples here:-
http://john-adcock.blogspot.co.uk/2009/12/our-ernie.html
and if you fancy more of the same, we have a nice selection on site here:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=2121
Like you and many others on CB+, comics were a big part of our earlier years and, thankfully, we can all read many of them again thanks to all the contributors to the site.
Please get involved in the forum and, enjoy the comics.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #767 on: August 05, 2014, 09:47:50 PM »

A big welcome to you Malaprop glad that google got your here. Jed, I have and those books and loved them too. It did contain my first exposure to some of those characters. Happy that we can provide more here. Ernie, we enjoy living in the past with you.
ip icon Logged

fanz123

message icon
« Reply #768 on: August 16, 2014, 06:10:55 PM »

This is Fanz123, and I found you by searching for comics.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #769 on: August 17, 2014, 12:07:46 PM »

Well Fanz your search directed you to the right place.
ip icon Logged

david007

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: david007
message icon
« Reply #770 on: September 03, 2014, 06:16:53 PM »

Hi everyone, i'm a newbe to comicbook+ and am a gentleman of vintage years. it is great to have found this site while scrolling the net looking for e-comics to read. i look forward to reading and enjoying some chat with you all.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #771 on: September 03, 2014, 06:28:04 PM »

Hello David.  Welcome to CB+.  I like your phrase, "a gentleman of vintage years".  Rather elegant.
So many comics, so get cracking.  We also have lots of non-N. American titles which are definately worth a look.
Look forward to reading your posts on the forum.
ip icon Logged

Pitdog1

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Pitdog1
message icon
« Reply #772 on: September 27, 2014, 03:00:07 PM »

I was searching Charlie Chan comic strips and ended up here, but I didn't join. Looking up Dick Briefer's Frankie, ended up here. Didn't join. Yesterday I was looking for Joe Palooka comic books, ended up here, finally joined.
I have a long and spotted career in comics, worked for Marvel summers and after school through out high school. Was talked out of the career by Bernard Kriegstein(sp?)worked at and even  co-owned several comic shops from the time I was 12 until a couple of years ago. I am still affiliated with a few.
I have works in film and television, proud Emmy, MTV, and Peabody winner, as well as multiple Grammy, Oscar nominee. For music videos and Documentaries. I look forward to enjoying the site and hopefully contributing.
Thank you,
George
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #773 on: September 28, 2014, 02:08:50 PM »

Glad you finally joined George. We hope to hear from you often in the forums you should have a lot to contribute.
ip icon Logged

Dickason

message icon
« Reply #774 on: October 01, 2014, 09:21:27 PM »

I was looking for old materials with a magic component and, voila! 
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.