in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,781 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256177 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #775 on: October 01, 2014, 10:10:14 PM »

Well Dickason this is a very magical place with a fine group of contributers
ip icon Logged

rockinroddy

message icon
« Reply #776 on: October 02, 2014, 09:03:43 PM »

What a terrific site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D ;D ;D :)
I found when searching for some World War 2 Comics. You have em..Thanks Again  Rod
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #777 on: October 02, 2014, 11:23:18 PM »

Glad we could make your day Rod
ip icon Logged

Hornet

message icon
« Reply #778 on: October 07, 2014, 07:55:45 PM »

Hi.  I was doing a Google search to see the going prices on a number of 1950s comics to see whether I might expect to ever afford them.  I had limited success in finding out what prices are (except for really high-grade stuff, and I'm looking for reading copies).  But one of the comics I was looking for turned out to be available for free download here, so I joined up.

I have some suspicion I'll wind up using the forums as much as the downloading opportunity.  My main interest is in the period generally considered to fall in between the Golden Age and the Silver Age, when there were fewer costumed characters and a wider variety of comics in other genres.  Those comics seem to be a bit more obscure, and harder to find or to even get information about.

In any case, this site looks like a nice find.  Thanks for being here!  I'm already considering  how I might be in a position to support the site.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #779 on: October 08, 2014, 02:32:59 AM »

Glad that you found us Hornet. Please do join in the forums. We also hope you might have picked up some books that we do not have to scan.
ip icon Logged

LauraEss

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: LauraEss
message icon
« Reply #780 on: October 13, 2014, 09:05:53 PM »

I was doing research for my Masters in Fine Arts, which includes a background in comics and graphics novels. It looked like Comics Novel #1 might have been the first graphic novel, published in 1947, but 'Lenardo and Blandine' by Joseph Franz von Goez, published in 1783, beats it by over a century.

But otherwise the old comics  are still interesting to read. :)   Oh, and people might also find Andy's Early Comics Archive and interesting site. It has comics much older than most of the ones found here. I can remember reading Struwwelpeter in a copy of COLES FUNNY PICTURE BOOK as a child. It was a hand-me-down from my grandmother. Nightmare stuff!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:12:46 PM by LauraEss »
ip icon Logged

indie comics

message icon
« Reply #781 on: October 14, 2014, 08:24:01 AM »

google!!
im in the process of starting a small business selling digital comics and found this site. great for info and im learning all the time. enjoying my new project. :-)
ip icon Logged

meteorman69

message icon
« Reply #782 on: October 26, 2014, 02:15:42 PM »

Just wondering how everyone came to find Golden Age Comic download website or support forum?

Tell us how you found us, give us your story...

Thanks, Serj

I'm a little late to the party.
I discovered this site from a friend on the Harvey Facebook forum.

To be honest I am more of a Silver Age guy but open to expanding my horizons. I do Like Sheena and Black Cat so that's a start into the Golden Age (I think?).

I was really hoping to find the neurotic Harvey "kids" like Richie Rich, Little Lotta, Hot Stuff, Spooky, Casper, and Little Dot.
I guess they are not free domain yet or not a focus of this group.

I have been collecting comics for 43 years. I started on the tail end of the Silver Age.

Too many books not enough time! I am about 22 years behind on keeping up reading on the hard copy monthlies I buy every week. Yeah, this is a sickness...
ip icon Logged

Goldorak

message icon
« Reply #783 on: October 27, 2014, 06:02:16 PM »

I Fund you via the french blog www.korben.info
ip icon Logged

Jeffa1968

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Jeffa1968
message icon
« Reply #784 on: December 07, 2014, 10:02:36 AM »

I was reading a old silver age comic book and did a google search, found this site and was very surprised to find actual comic books that I could look through, page by page! AWESOMENESS!!!!!
I will donate to the site for sure, I am a big fan!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #785 on: December 07, 2014, 03:45:41 PM »

Thanks to the huge amount of work done by all the scanners and diggers on CB+ who do this for the love of comics, we have a huge range of great stuff, so get stuck in and you'll find lots to read.
Many of us find that downloading the files to a tablet is the best way to enjoy them.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #786 on: December 07, 2014, 05:10:18 PM »

Thanks Jeffa welcome to the site
ip icon Logged

cHESStRON

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: cHESStRON
message icon
« Reply #787 on: December 21, 2014, 02:08:51 PM »

Hi, what a great site I found by chance during research, trying to find online info on Doctor Occult, and various other early figures...I feel lucky to have come by this great resource. It will help immensely with the story-game I an co-creating which involves various characters of comic realm. Brilliant, thanks. Chesstron.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #788 on: December 21, 2014, 06:48:51 PM »

Pleased to be of service Chess. Join in any convos of interest
ip icon Logged

universalboy

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: universalboy
message icon
« Reply #789 on: December 24, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »

Hi friends
im vikki from tamilnadu.

i found this website from google search.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #790 on: December 24, 2014, 02:13:41 PM »

Hi Vikki and welcome to CB+.  Lots of good stuff to discover so enjoy yourself.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #791 on: December 24, 2014, 03:15:38 PM »

Welcome to the fold Vikki. Enjoy and join in
ip icon Logged

mfollo1970

message icon
« Reply #792 on: December 28, 2014, 07:19:41 PM »

I have several comics in need of T.L.C. and have been searching for a site exactly like this for a while to help me put these Golden Age books back together for my collection! A cover or page and now 2 of my books are complete for reading and the are aesthetically preserved for future generations to enjoy!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #793 on: December 29, 2014, 02:54:20 AM »

Glad to be of service. Enjoy the site
ip icon Logged

Morgus

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #794 on: February 21, 2015, 10:21:10 AM »

Open culture had a write up about you guys a couple of weeks ago. Who could resist?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #795 on: February 21, 2015, 01:10:28 PM »

Resistance is futile. Welcome to the fold. Please send the link to the open culture article.
ip icon Logged

uncletoney

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: uncletoney
message icon
Re: Introduction
« Reply #796 on: March 06, 2015, 04:25:01 PM »

Hello to all,

This is going to be AWESOME!  I hope I am on the right board to introduce myself. At any rate I am glad I found this place. I am from Texas.

I hope I did this correct?

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #797 on: March 06, 2015, 04:46:43 PM »

Hello to you, uncletoney and welcome to CB+.  Glad you found your way here. Lots to discover and read.  Please consider contributing to the converations.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #798 on: March 07, 2015, 03:32:34 AM »

Glad you introduced yourself here and hope to hear more from you as you enjoy your way around
ip icon Logged

Peter Samuel

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Peter Samuel
message icon
« Reply #799 on: March 19, 2015, 03:20:56 AM »

Dear people,

What a wonderful place on the ever expanding internet!  I was looking for old time comic books and that is how I stumbled on here......  Amazing!

Peter,
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.