in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,017 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 253845 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #800 on: March 22, 2015, 02:29:51 AM »

You stumbled into the right place Peter. Enjoy and join in.
ip icon Logged

extraskater

message icon
« Reply #801 on: March 31, 2015, 08:16:42 PM »

Googlin'
I actually was looking for a specific comic book on Google and destiny took me this far.
ip icon Logged

Big_D

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Big_D
message icon
« Reply #802 on: April 18, 2015, 05:34:22 PM »

Mentioned on another site while I was looking for comic sites.  This site does tick many of the boxes & I really enjoy "Golden Age" and I'm still looking for sites that deal with UK comics of the 60s & Early 70s to enhance my comic collection of that period.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #803 on: April 18, 2015, 10:21:02 PM »

Welcome extra and Big D. Unfortunately we can not carry UK comics that new because they are not PD
ip icon Logged

clb4462

message icon
« Reply #804 on: May 01, 2015, 03:49:34 AM »

Hi im New, I was Referred to this Site From a Facebook Golden age Group. Because im a Collector of Rare & Scarce Comic books & was Asked to Upload some of my Comics for other`s to Enjoy. Since i Have a Complete set of Scarce GINGER Comics from the early 1950`s From Archie comics i was asked to Share on this site. Just need to Learn How to use the site.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #805 on: May 03, 2015, 03:08:37 AM »

And that was me who requested the uploads. Thanks for coming over. All you need to do is put the scans in a zip file. You can the change the zip extension to cbz and click the upload button on the top left. Thanks
ip icon Logged

oggy

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: oggy
message icon
« Reply #806 on: May 03, 2015, 10:40:26 PM »

:D Hmm.How did i find you ? First thing , i really dont know how to writte good in your language because i never learn english in the school,just german and italian , so , for big mistakes..i am guilty !!! Pure coincidence , looking for nice color covers from the 50-es and POW here you are !!! What kind of idiot i am..ha ha ha, i am from Croatia !
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #807 on: May 04, 2015, 12:26:50 AM »

Welcome please enjoy our non-English section. If you have anything to contribute we would welcome it.
ip icon Logged

cybrmutt

message icon
« Reply #808 on: May 06, 2015, 01:18:13 AM »

I've been a big fan of Golden Age for a long time.  I honestly believe many of the comics are masterpieces of the illustrators art.

But I was COMPLETELY oblivious of this site's existance.  Don't really remember how I stumbled upon it, probably a Google search.

After taking care of some pressing medical issues I fully intend to be very active here.
This site ROCKS!

A few questions .  If this isn't the correct forum PLEASE direct me.  The last thing I want to do is start off on the wrong foot!

I have the ability to "de-yellow" comics.  I have a few examples and would very much enjoy any feedback on my efforts.  It really is a labor of love for me.

Also, does anybody have a simple Access Database they would like to share so I can keep track of the gems I dl??  I could easily use Excel but would rather not.  And I have neither the time nor the patience to learn Access development right now lol...

Anyway, a real pleasure to finally be able to participate.

THANK YOU for having this website!

~Steve~
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #809 on: May 06, 2015, 08:02:45 AM »

Hi clb4462. Welcome to CB+
Oggy, glad you found us and don't worry about your English.  Mine is not that good and it's my native language!!!!!
Steve, thanks for the kind words.  As for a list prog. I'm not the best person to ask as I'm a bit tech ignorant.  I just try to keep my downloads under well organised file headings and as long as each issue is numbered the same way, it's relatively easy to check what I have.  I think.  Oh, and back everything up.
ip icon Logged

cybrmutt

message icon
« Reply #810 on: May 06, 2015, 11:59:11 AM »

Thanks for the feedback. Definitely appreciated.
ip icon Logged

gazelle024

message icon
« Reply #811 on: May 21, 2015, 04:36:32 PM »

I was searching for some golden age books that I believe are in the public domain and this site came up in the search. I believe it was the old Black Cat character I was searching for at the time, but I was also searching for Phantom Lady and the old Blue Beetle around the time as well.

So I thought that the site looked interesting and that I'd visit again when I'm researching these old characters.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #812 on: May 22, 2015, 03:36:29 AM »

We have a lot to all of each for you to enjoy
ip icon Logged

Cityfocus

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Cityfocus
message icon
« Reply #813 on: May 24, 2015, 07:24:08 AM »

Dear friends, I'm glad I found this great site :)
My name is Stevan Zivkov Andricin and I'm a cartoonist/illustrator and documentary film director/producer.
I'm interested in Animal topic comic books and comic strips.
My new clear-line Graphic Novel is a mysterious detective thriller with an Animal Rights twist.
I became aware about strange phenomenon which I have called
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #814 on: May 24, 2015, 06:48:41 PM »

Hi Stevan.  Thanks for the link.  Nice "clear line" - very Belgian, which is a good thing, imo.
Glad you found us and good luck with the project.
ip icon Logged

Anfluque

message icon
« Reply #815 on: June 26, 2015, 03:26:25 PM »

Hi friends,
I'm a librarian in a Spanish university, in Madrid, and I knew this site through the blog of the librarians
fellows in another Spanish university.
They wrote a post about the comics and internet places intersting for this kind of literature.
Now I'm glad I read that entry.
Best regards

Antonio

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #816 on: June 27, 2015, 01:11:45 PM »

Wow I am glad we are getting known in the library circles.
ip icon Logged

betaraybdw

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: betaraybdw
message icon
« Reply #817 on: June 30, 2015, 04:49:47 PM »

actually been using the site for a year now. Love reading these old books. I have printed some out to use for my Decoupage Projects

Brian, Ohio
http://kracalactakacreations.blogspot.com/

also see my post in the shameless plug section

Favorite Comic Character: Beta Ray Bill

Some Others: Black Widow, Winter Soldier, Axe Cop, Dejah Thoris, Thor, Nova (Richard Rider), Gamora, Red Sonja, Punisher, Wonder Woman & Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Lady Sif, Starfire (1976 DC series)

Favorite Golden Age books:  Phantom Lady, Exciting Comics-Black Terror, Strange Worlds, Planet Comics & Zoot-Rulah

Favorite artists: Matt Baker, Terry Dodson, Joe Corroney, John Romita, Walt Simonson

Favorite Era: Bronze Age

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 05:17:19 PM by Kracalactaka »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #818 on: July 02, 2015, 02:25:10 AM »

Welcome Krac we are always glad to be of service
ip icon Logged

MagicMaggie3133

message icon
« Reply #819 on: July 04, 2015, 03:09:31 AM »

Searching for information on Comic Artists.  Mr. Penny Ross and many others. This site popped up when I searched Gladys Parker- Mopsy. So cool! It's like a Mothership called me home... is that too weird? Thanks for the add!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #820 on: July 05, 2015, 02:55:52 AM »

Thank you for joining us enjoy and join in
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #821 on: July 05, 2015, 04:37:26 PM »

Welcome to CB+ MagicMaggie.  I'm sure there will be loads to interest and entertain you. Please join in on the forum.
ip icon Logged

JamesFBoylan

message icon
« Reply #822 on: July 28, 2015, 07:48:19 PM »

I searched for Treasure Chest comics using DuckDuckGo and found a link to this site.  Some of them had been available in school, but there were gaps in what were sold and delivered to us, so I never saw all of the parts to the "Chuck White" and "Uncle Harry's Mine" serials.  Yikes, I had to wait 55 years to find out what happened.  My pleasure is worth a donation.
ip icon Logged

wilbatson

message icon
« Reply #823 on: July 29, 2015, 12:05:34 PM »

I was looking for  digital comics sites.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 10:59:55 PM by wilbatson »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #824 on: July 29, 2015, 01:08:59 PM »

Welcome we are always glad to fill gaps in collections
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.