in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,775 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256094 times)

BlueKnight

message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #825 on: August 02, 2015, 01:25:16 AM »

Hey Everyone
To answer the question of how I found this site it was just luck. I did a Google search and clicked on you guys.
I was looking for free comics to download. I haven't messed with comics in quite some time and looked for comics to download instead of buying at a shop. At First I started buying comics from Image cause they are one of the few that I found that allowed you to download the comics. Then by chance I found this site.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #826 on: August 02, 2015, 12:29:37 PM »

Glad you found us Blue. You have plenty to download here. enjoy
ip icon Logged

jessie

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: jessie
message icon
« Reply #827 on: August 05, 2015, 06:04:13 PM »

Hi,  I found your fun site while googling some of the comic books I remembered from my childhood.
I had bought and read the first issues of X-Men, The Swamp Thing, Challengers of the Unknown, and before that Adventures into the Unknown, and other Sci-fi and supernatural types.
I was not a collector at all, though. Spurred by the release of so many comic themed movies,
I wanted to renew my acquaintance with comic books.
Thanks for your attractive, easy to use site.   
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #828 on: August 06, 2015, 10:23:20 AM »

Welcome Jessie. We are happy to introduce you to a whole world of comics you may never have seen before.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #829 on: August 07, 2015, 03:33:40 PM »

Hi Jessie.  Glad you found your way here and I'm sure you'll find lots of new titles to enjoy.
ip icon Logged

meterr

message icon
« Reply #830 on: August 08, 2015, 11:00:02 PM »

I did a Google search for "vintage comics"
ip icon Logged

Drvonwer

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Drvonwer
message icon
« Reply #831 on: August 31, 2015, 12:38:34 AM »

Hello. I am a huge fan of golden age comics and I found this site by accident. Like many others it came up in a Google search. There are so many great old comics I have only read about in books about the golden age. Right now Fawcett and Quality books are my top favorites.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #832 on: August 31, 2015, 02:44:05 PM »

Hello meterr,  or, Horror Comic Junkie.  I'm sure you'll find lots of good reads and not only horror. Enjoy yourself.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #833 on: August 31, 2015, 02:58:16 PM »

Hi Drvonwer, welcome to CB+  You can't go wrong with Quality and Fawcett, imo.  But there are lots of other publishers and titles to discover.  So get digging. :)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #834 on: September 01, 2015, 02:52:12 PM »

Welcome Meterr and Drvonwer to the best comic reading site in the world. Come in and enjoy
ip icon Logged

Lyndon

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Lyndon
message icon
« Reply #835 on: September 09, 2015, 08:44:09 PM »

From down under...here we go! HEAPS OF THINGS TO READ AND ENJOY. Thanks mate.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #836 on: September 10, 2015, 12:56:52 AM »

Well Lyndon we hope you have heaps of fun reading the books here
ip icon Logged

WalterLoydLilly

message icon
« Reply #837 on: September 12, 2015, 01:47:34 PM »

...I saw references at Captain Comics Round Table . 8):-)
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #838 on: September 12, 2015, 02:43:34 PM »

Hello Lyndon and welcome to CB+.  Glad to have you here. You're right, piles of good things - and new things - to discover and read.  Enjoy yourself and feel free to join in the forum.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #839 on: September 12, 2015, 02:46:32 PM »

Welcome WLL and thanks to Captain Comics for pointing you in our direction.   8)indeed!
No point in suggesting you get involved in the forum as you're already doing it ;D
Enjoy the comics.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #840 on: September 13, 2015, 03:03:42 AM »

Welcome to the group Walter
ip icon Logged

vantheman77

message icon
« Reply #841 on: September 25, 2015, 06:24:12 PM »

I found this site through google search as I was researching on public domain comics. Lots of potential and lots of possibilities with these characters I never heard of before. I'm glad I found this site.
ip icon Logged

mrgarrettscott

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: mrgarrettscott
message icon
« Reply #842 on: October 03, 2015, 12:32:28 AM »

I'm a crime comic fan before the CCA sterilized comics for years. I was searching for issues of Crime Does Not Pay (which in fact it does) and found them here among many other treasures, WOW!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #843 on: October 03, 2015, 08:11:52 AM »

Glad you found your way here.  I'm sure you'll find lots more to spark your interest.
ip icon Logged

zanonii

message icon
« Reply #844 on: October 03, 2015, 11:00:38 AM »

I'm a fan of classic science fiction and pulp magazines.   I grew up with my father's and uncle's collections of these - titles from 1951 to 1963.   I'm also a fan of the golden age of comics and the series that launched the original Mad Magazine and some of its shorter lived competitors.   The other area I love to research is the original comics/strips going back to Yellow Boy and Little Nemo.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #845 on: October 04, 2015, 03:21:34 AM »

Lots of classic here to enjoy welcome aboard zanoni
ip icon Logged

Sackett

message icon
« Reply #846 on: October 28, 2015, 07:48:50 PM »

Hi....

A couple of years ago I heard about Black Terror/Green Lama from Dynamite, and their use of public domain comic book characters.    I finally got around to buying said comic, and the idea intrigued me, leading me to investigate other public domain characters.  Thus, I finally found you guys.
ip icon Logged

Del Kane

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Del Kane
message icon
« Reply #847 on: November 02, 2015, 01:55:30 PM »

Hi folks:

I was doing some research on the "Let's Pretend" children's records, particularly "Alice in Wonderland" and came across this site.  It had recently posted a new audio clip of a musical version of "Alice in Wonderland" and gave credit to the Let's Pretend series.  But, I have a copy of the original show and the audio clip on your site is NOT from the Let's Pretend record series of 1970.  That series was originally produced by a record company named Stereo Dimensions which was a sub of the Longine Symphonette Society which was also a watch maker.  Anyway, there is precious little information about the actors, etc., on these Let's Pretend records.  As for your audio clip, the show is extremely well done and the quality is superb.  But, I want to know its source.  What is the record label?  What is the name of the Album and who recorded it and anything else I can find out about it including the recording date.  Any help along these lines would be greatly appreciated. 

As an aside, I am ADHD, dyslexic and have astigmatism in my eyes.  I learned to read by way of Dell comics in the 1940s and 50s.  I could read the words in the captions, stop and look at the frame and go on to the next.  That was I could read for long periods of time. 

Thanks, and I like your site.

Del Kane
ip icon Logged

silfool

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: silfool
message icon
« Reply #848 on: November 02, 2015, 05:11:10 PM »

I have a fairly extensive comic book collection.  As a part of that, I have a few of older golden and silver age comics with no front or back cover so I was searching the internet for information and found this site. I was able to identify the issue of several of my uncovered comics by matching the first inside pages of my comics to the comics you have on this site.  thanks very much.  i also like the suggestion of a comic book to read each week.  I just finished reading the current Horror comic you suggested just in time for halloween.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #849 on: November 02, 2015, 11:25:25 PM »

Welcome and if you have any comics that are not yet scanned please scan and upload
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.