in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,017 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Mobi File Question

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Mobi File Question  (Read 3008 times)

rachelahyde

message icon
Mobi File Question
« on: June 28, 2017, 03:32:15 PM »

I have just joined (hi everybody!) and want to read the comics on my Kindle Fire.  I am pretty sure that the file format they are in is not compatible so I ran my first download through Zamzar to make it into a .mobi file.  No problems with it appearing BUT it is too small to read!  Can any more tech savvy person on here please tell me how to make it bigger, or do I need to delete it and convert it into a different file format?

I have one of the earlier Kindle Fire HDs, the first one I think.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Mobi File Question
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 08:07:15 AM »

Hi rachel. I've never had or used a kindle, but as our files on CB+ are .cbz ( zipped files) I don't think they will work on a kindle.  However, I found this site with a description of how to convert for a kindle.  Have a look
http://www.knowyourmobile.com/products/17860/how-read-comics-your-kindle
I read .cbz comic on an android tablet and it's a good experience.
I'm sure one of our members will be able to help.  Good luck.
ip icon Logged

rachelahyde

message icon
Re: Mobi File Question
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 03:14:07 PM »

Thank you for your help!  I have installed it on my Kindle and will see what happens.  Looking forward to reading some of the great stuff on this site.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.