in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 43,017 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: Cavalcade v21 05

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: Cavalcade v21 05  (Read 581 times)

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« on: July 29, 2017, 03:30:02 AM »

Please note the 'Zane Grey' Bio advertised on the Cover.
For those who haven't got past the cheesecake on the covers of the CAVALCADE mags, allow me to point 0ut that these were published during the WW2 years and contain many articles and photographs of the war. Some of the photographs are astonishing. And the advertising throughout is priceless.

Link /?dlid=69327

Link to the book: Cavalcade v21 05
ip icon Logged

Kracalactaka

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Kracalactaka
message icon
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 06:01:08 AM »

Well WWII had been over for 10yrs when this issue went to press, but yes as I looked at these prior to uploading, the 1941-1945  issues are pretty gritty. There are also a lot of short/quick reads of crime stories in these too. Both fiction and (allegedly) non-fiction. The main appeal for me in this title is the span from the late 1940's to about 1954 when the issues each contained a short comic story, always very ably drawn by Phil Belbin. (Hoping one of you Aussie Chaps will feel motivated to Put together a compilation sometime down the road  ;) )
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.