in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,775 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Drtip Marlo Comic STRIP?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Drtip Marlo Comic STRIP?  (Read 1410 times)

mmitchell_houston

message icon
Drtip Marlo Comic STRIP?
« on: August 24, 2017, 06:02:24 AM »

I read the two Drift Marlo comics put out by Dell, but I also read that it was based on a comic strip that ran for about 10 years.  Any chance anyone has a collection or any stories from that run?

http://www.toonopedia.com/driftmar.htm

ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Drtip Marlo Comic STRIP?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 02:15:34 AM »

In the 1970s the late lamented Menomonee Falls Gazette published a long run of Drift Marlo. I no longer have my MFG's, but I know there's a torrent or two collecting them. You might be able to find them with a little digging. It's interesting that unlike most other comic-book versions of newspaper strips, Dell's Drift Marlo comics were produced by the writer and artist of the original strip.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.