in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 43,017 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Eagle magazine

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Eagle magazine  (Read 1569 times)

crosbeian

message icon
Eagle magazine
« on: September 16, 2017, 03:44:21 PM »

I came across this fascinating site while searching for an item published in the "Eagle".(mid 1950s)
Their reporter Macdonald Hastings wrote regularly about driving trains, flying jets, and so on, but one item sticks in my memory. 
He went along to the Tower of London to find out what it as like to wear a suit of armour......which he did, but readers were told not to go there and try asking for that themselves !!
Does anyone by any chance have a copy of this page ??
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Eagle magazine
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 04:26:23 PM »

Hi crosbeian.  I remember Macdonald Hastings from the t.v.  But I don't remember that particular Eagle page.
We don't dare go anywhere near the comic or D.D., but I have some copies of the comic and I will have a look through them.  Any chance you could narrow down the date? As I'd have to flick through 200 or more issues if it's mid '50's - not that I have a complete run anyway.
ip icon Logged

crosbeian

message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 10:32:20 PM »

I think it was before 1955 but I cannot be certain.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 04:09:50 PM »

Well, that took a while, but I found it.  The page was in the issue of 29th January 1954.  I'm sending you a pm with a link to Mediafire. 
ip icon Logged

matchlessman

message icon
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 07:50:20 AM »

Hi Eagl;e fans

The first eagle i owned had on its cover the ANASTASIA  shrunk to the size of a toy.
probably early 60s issue.  Does any dan dare fan recollect this story? 
ip icon Logged

crosbeian

message icon
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 11:11:32 AM »

Many thanks PawBroon !!

excellent !!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.