in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,991 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Help Needed With Fleetway Air Ace Library

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Help Needed With Fleetway Air Ace Library  (Read 1090 times)

colcool007

message icon
Help Needed With Fleetway Air Ace Library
« on: September 30, 2017, 02:01:18 PM »

Folks,

I am after some help from the collective.  I have noticed that there is not a full list of the titles for the second series of Air Ace anywhere, so I am hoping to create such a thing and get it hosted where all us comic fans can find it.

We only need titles for issues 3, 6, 7, 10, 18, 22, 36, 38, 40, 41, 44, 45, 47, 48, 52 and 56.  I am hoping that with all of us having such diverse collections, we would be able to put this list together.

Thanks in advance

Colin

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Help Needed With Fleetway Air Ace Library
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 02:50:25 PM »

Howsit gaun Col.?
Checked my files and boxes and can't help.  I got 3 issues from Wee John last week but they're way up in the 3 figures - and reprints.  Reading your post in the other place, I realise there is nothing there at the moment.
I'll bring the 3 issues next time we meet, in case you need them for your collection. ;D
ip icon Logged

colcool007

message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 10:34:06 PM »

I guessed that might be the case for a few of us British comic collectors.  I have now got a grand total of 3 of series 2 and 14 from series 1 so the chances of me having any of those are small.

The good thing is that all 56 of series 2 are reprints so I will be able to refer to the War Libraries Index created by David Roach and Steve Holland for credits once I find out which story was featured in series 2.

On the other side of things, it's going well and I will be breaking the 4000 barrier on the Commandos this year!
ip icon Logged

John Kerry

message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 08:08:57 PM »

By second series are you referring to the ones published by Ron Phillips. If so and if it is any help no. 47 has been indexed on GCD: https://www.comics.org/issue/1128920/
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.