in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,991 books
 New: 155 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Just Joined

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Just Joined  (Read 1523 times)

wizardeagle

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: wizardeagle
message icon
Just Joined
« on: October 28, 2017, 12:30:26 PM »

Just saying hello. I am a retired engineer who likes comics!
I used to keep all my old comics when I was young. It was surprising how much space they used to take.
Unfortunately I eventually got rid of them. It is amazing to think you can get so many on a 5 inch  DVD nowadays!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Just Joined
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 11:13:53 PM »

Welcome from another retired individual. You can put even more comics on a flash drive than a DVD. Amazing ain't it.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 04:26:17 PM »

Hello wizardeagle and welcome to CB+.  As narf says, you can fit piles of comic on a flash drive.  A lot of us have external hard drives with a terrabyte or more of comics on them.  So many comics, so little time - I'm retired also  ;)
Problem is, as my wife keeps mentioning, I also still have lots of physical comics.  Just can't bear the thought of getting rid of them.
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 06:31:25 PM »

Greetings wizardeagle from yet another retired geezer! (Aren't those senior discounts great?) Glad to have you on board! So much more than comics on this site- old-time radio, vintage TV, pulps and more! Enjoy it all. Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

roy bonario

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: roy bonario
message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 08:12:03 PM »

Hello, I'm Roy Bonario; I'm 83 years old and have been reading Golden Age comics since I was 5. I can no longer afford to buy the originals so have amassed a collection of reprints. Between 1970-1996, I owned and operated a collector's store here in Houston, TX. called "Roy's Memory Shop" which bought, sold and traded, old records, movie posters, old comics and related material. I have accumulated some coverless Golden Age comics which I'm reading now but I am pleased to join this group to be able to read many more.
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 03:44:41 AM »

Welcome, Roy! Glad to have you and your knowledge of comics. Lots of great stuff on this site, including a comics discussion group open to all. Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 05:19:39 PM »

Hello Roy.  Welcome to CB+.  Another former store owner, too.  I envy you as I couldn't read American comics pre-1959, apart from the odd issues sent over by post to friends. Lots to discover and read on the site and not only American comics.  Enjoy yourself and join in the chat.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.