in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

I Just Flew In...

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: I Just Flew In...  (Read 1242 times)

Robour7

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Robour7
message icon
I Just Flew In...
« on: November 05, 2017, 09:10:59 PM »

...and boy, are my arms tired! (Old joke) Greetings! I'm new to the community, so a little about myself.
My first exposure  to comic books were the old Classics Illustrated series. One Christmas, my folks gave my older sister a whole pack of C.I. books, and I was hooked - especially on the FRANKENSTEIN ,TIME MACHINE and the WAR OF THE WORLDS issues! After that, I started reading comics supplied by the local barber in his shop for the kids. At the time I got into comics, they were 12
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: I Just Flew In...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 02:00:38 AM »

Glad your arms got you this far. Lots here to really enjoy. I don't read any current Marvel or DC. I have heard Marvel has gone far left with social justice being their main theme. Two local barbers allowed me to trade comics with them. They did not care what I gave them in trade.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 02:48:54 AM »

Welcome and Enjoy. I have a similar story to tell re Classics Illustrated.
Jack Abel, Stephen Addeo, Matt Baker, Dik Browne, Lou Cameron, Sid Check, L.B. Cole, Reed Crandall, George Evans, Denis Gifford, Graham Ingels, Henry C. Kiefer, Alex Blum, Everett Raymond Kinstler, Jack Kirby, Roy Krenkel, Gray Morrow, Joe Orlando, Norman Nodel, Rudolph Palais, Norman Saunders, John Severin, Joe Sinnott, Angelo Torres, Al Williamson and George Woodbridge are all listed by Wikipedia as having contributed to CI books. You will find work by all of these guys on this site. You have much to look forward to. I think Lou Cameron's images from his CI adaptations are permanently etched into my eyeballs.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 03:39:07 AM »

Denis Gifford??
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 10:56:16 AM »

good point. that list came from Wikipedia via cut and paste. Gifford's name may have been someones idea of a joke. Also Dik Browne. Teach me to pay more attention.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.