in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,068 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Beware of bogus Pep 67

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Beware of bogus Pep 67  (Read 1877 times)

Kracalactaka

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Kracalactaka
message icon
Beware of bogus Pep 67
« on: February 22, 2018, 08:49:31 PM »

There is a bogus Pep 67 lurking about the internet, please do not try to upload it to CB+/DCM. Overnight someone upped it here and it slipped past the initial admin review, so a couple dozen unlucky souls downloaded this rogue scan before it could be put down by the proper authorities.

a few years ago I bought said copy on ebay and scanned it, thinking it was the real deal. However, it turned out to be only the cover of Pep 67 wrapped around another book, either Pep 76 or 77, neither of which have been indexed yet by GCD, and both of which are non-PD.

(Just so everyone remembers, the last PD issue of Pep Comics is #71)

Anywho, I have a scan of the actual Pep 67 that I made at the LOC last Nov that I will eventually get around to editing (along with the remaining PD Ginger, Katy Keene & Suzie books).

below is a scan of the ifc and actual 1st splash page of Pep Comics 67:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:07:01 PM by Kracalactaka »
ip icon Logged

movielover

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Beware of bogus Pep 67
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 09:12:11 PM »

Thank you for the information Kracalactaka.  :) The notation of a bogus book has been noted and added to the Wanted list, to hopefully avoid this rat-fink of a imposter book being shared again.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Beware of bogus Pep 67
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 12:14:45 AM »

Thanks Krac
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.