in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Pets and US

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

topic icon Author Topic: Pets and US  (Read 51192 times)

BobS

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: BobS
message icon
Re: Pets and US
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 11:37:54 PM »

I've had cats that 'make biscuits' (kneads) and wondered what their thinking was behind it.

Thanks for sharing Bob,
-Yoc

I think nursing kittens do the kneading on their mama cat.
ip icon Logged

BobS

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 11:45:34 PM »

I Must confess that DM's story brought a lump to my throat  :(, I think I prefer the company of my cats to people most of the time.

Not quite as much a dog person, but I have a soft spot for the one that I owe my life to.

-Nigel

I also prefer the company of my cats to that of (most) people most of the time.
Generally cats are pretty laid back.
Our cats seem most content with our company when we just lounge around, catnapping, doing nothing.
Various of the cats often just lay around in our bed for hours during the day.

Please do tell us the story of the dog you owe your life to.!

Best,
Bob
ip icon Logged

BobS

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2010, 11:51:22 PM »

The newest 4 footed pet is Jimmy a juvenile delinquent who was no longer wanted at his previous home. A friend thought I needed a cat to replace the one I lost a while back. No I did not, but he got to stay anyway.

Jimmy has this habit of getting rid of the bell on his collar, I ran out of bells and resorted to a ribboned bell from a choc rabbit when this photo was taken. He has since got rid of it and is in silent mode at the moment.

Jimmy is a beautiful cat, or maybe he'd prefer to be called very handsome.
Cats are sensitive to what we say about them.

We had a long-haired chihuahua, Bonnie, who now lives with my wife's mother. Bonnie never got pad training and would / will pee on any and every rug in the house.
Anyway when Bonnie goes to the doggie beauty parlor, she always leaves with ribbons on her ears. The ribbons are always soon gone, and Bonnie often complains to me about the poor treatment she has received.

Take care!
Bob
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 02:25:52 PM »

I've had cats that 'make biscuits' (kneads) and wondered what their thinking was behind it.

Thanks for sharing Bob,
-Yoc

I think nursing kittens do the kneading on their mama cat.

My adult Mau has never gotten over his urge to nurse and seems to think my wooly shirt is his mama. This is especially disturbing if I'm wearing the shirt when he tries to nurse.
When feeling rejected he finds a blanket or throw and wads it up and starts nursing. Its cute but pathetic at the same time.
He's a very sweet natured and gentle tom, and while unaltered he seems to have never fully matured, he has never sprayed or shown more than a kittens interest in our female cats.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 04:17:33 PM »

Animals have a lot of the same "illnesses" as humans. He probably has not mentally matured beyond a certain point just some some kids.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 05:14:37 PM »

My sister has a cat that 'sucks it's thumb' cap.  Sorta the same thing as your tom.
Cute to see it.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Dumb dog
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 09:00:07 PM »

We have a male and female both large mix breed rescues. The male loves to chase a ball. The female will chase it just to keep it from him. She will get it first and have it in her mouth right and front of him and he will continue to sniff all over the yard looking forward. We are not sure if he know she has and playing a game or really really dumb.
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2010, 07:01:30 AM »

When our dog was a pup he had quite a collection of toys, and made the mistake of stealing some of our older cats toys. She then went on a campaign of stealing his toys one by one whenever he was out of the room and hiding them. He was paranoid then, afraid to leave the toys lest they magically disappear and whenever he wanted to go to another room he'd carry as many toys as he could then rush back to get the others and frantically count them.
Finally they made a truce and had an exchange of hostages, one by one returning each others toys.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 07:21:54 AM »

Now that is a CUTE story!
:)
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 09:56:01 PM »

My old Plot Bear Hound once showed up with about a dozen stuffed animals which looked like puppies. I looked out one day and he had carefully arranged them in a straight line across the front yard.

He then marched back at forth like an officer inspecting troops on a parade ground. when he saw that one was out of line he growled at it a batted it into line with his paw. He then got to the end of the line , crouched down, and looked down the line to be sure it was perfectly straight then settled in at the end of the line with his head held up as if proud of his troops.

My mom said he must be having a yard sale.

I later found he had roamed the neighborhood and stolen all those stuffed animals from the neighbors kids, so I had to round them up and give them back. He was very disapointed.

When he got older I had to keep him chained up all the time except when I drove him to the lake for a swim and a run.
Plots are the most agressive of all hunting dogs, and his line were especially bred to hunt jaguars and man eating bears on the Japanese islands. They are less dangerous than pit bulls but unfortunately he was half pitbull, with muscles like Batmans costume and teeth like a lion.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2010, 11:19:43 PM »

We get some of the neatest stories here. Keep em up I love reading them.
ip icon Logged

slingsla

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: slingsla
message icon
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2010, 05:08:59 PM »

My sister just got three new kittens.  She found an abandoned/lost box on the side of the road that held several dead cats also that had been run over and she took home the survivors.  I might take one or two of them off her.  I've always been a dog person so this would be my first cat.  I'm excited.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2010, 05:10:32 PM »

When it comes to pets remember as far as dogs are concerned the human is the master and as for cats they are the master. They will soon train you. Thanks for the rescue. Our pets are rescues.
ip icon Logged

slingsla

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2010, 10:53:17 PM »

That makes sense.  Cats always seemed foreign to me whenever I'm at other people's homes, so it'll be a learning experience if I take one in.
ip icon Logged

Jedifish

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2010, 12:33:39 PM »

We got a couple yellow lab puppies last summer for the girls (or rather Grandmother got them some puppies). There a lot of fun. And hey, they make me get out and walk/jog at least 2-3 miles a day. At least until I developed plantar faciitis over the last month.  >:(
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2010, 12:37:18 PM »

Good exercise bad for the feet too bad. Who walks the dogs now
ip icon Logged

Jedifish

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2010, 12:47:04 PM »

The wife and (sometimes) the kids, but they are just not going to get there everyday walks since the wife works and the kids have a lot of activities besides school. I tried to go a mile on Sunday, and it was pretty painful. I'm following the doctors training regimen of stretching 3 times a day and icing it, and kind of resting it. It does feel like it's getting better, but I know I need to rest it for a month from walking/jogging.
ip icon Logged

slingsla

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2010, 02:49:53 PM »

Plantar facitis is tough.  Good luck with it
ip icon Logged

Jedifish

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2010, 03:13:10 PM »

Yeah, I need to do cardio to keep the weight off (although I could go back to watching what I eat, but who wants to do that when there are girl scout cookies in the house?  ;))

I did the elliptical and the bike last Friday. No pain on the bike, but a little ache on the elliptical. But that was before I got my heel cups. Hopefully that'll help, because I burn a lot of calories on the elliptical.
ip icon Logged

slingsla

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 02:34:54 PM »

What kind of girl scout cookies?  Now you got thin mints on my mind
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2010, 02:38:11 PM »

Sling volunteers to help you lose weight by taking the thin mint cookies off your hands
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2010, 03:24:57 PM »

My dog Cosmo keeps the house clean by eating EVERYTHING. I think he's part bear...
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2010, 03:42:15 PM »

Yummy bear steaks.  Just Kidding
ip icon Logged

Jedifish

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2010, 05:46:06 PM »

What kind of girl scout cookies?  Now you got thin mints on my mind
Thin Mints. Tagalongs. Do-si-do.

Mmmmmmm. I'm getting hungry.
ip icon Logged

Jedifish

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2010, 05:49:55 PM »

My dog Cosmo keeps the house clean by eating EVERYTHING. I think he's part bear...

So would my labs if we let them. Currently they're just cleaning the yard of poopcicles when they get hungry.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.