in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,778 books
 New: 212 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Family, Friends and Loved Ones

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

topic icon Author Topic: Family, Friends and Loved Ones  (Read 40875 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Family, Friends and Loved Ones
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2015, 10:35:12 AM »

Last week I went to PA to say goodbye to my dad. He was still very lucid and strong of voice although very weak. He has cancer and has nearly starved himself after chemo. He is still alive but barely so not sure for how much longer. I got to say my goodbyes and share my love while we could still appreciate it. My biggest concern is that he would not entertain the idea of becoming a Christian. I know that I will eventually see my mom again but not my dad. It is not too late so for those who pray, please say a prayer that my dad will accept Christ into his heart before it is too late.
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2015, 11:46:20 PM »

Consider it done, my friend. We'll also do a prayer for you . With sympathy, Bowers
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2015, 01:31:29 PM »

My thoughts are with you and your dad. 
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2015, 11:22:31 PM »

thanks guys
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2015, 02:50:47 AM »

Narf, how are you and your family holding up? Are you taking care of yourselves and each other? Anything we can do? Stay strong! With sympathy and hope, Bowers
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2015, 05:51:58 PM »

I am 600 miles away from my dad awaiting the final news from my sister. My dad is stubborn even at the end. I had my closure last week when I went to PA and said my goodbyes. I am sure it will still hit me when my sister calls. I think it is easier for me having lived so far away for so long. Those that saw him almost everyday are really going to have it hard. His grandkids are crazy about him.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2015, 08:59:41 PM »

You have my thoughts and prayers are with you and your Father. I lost mine and he was only 67! With much sympathy and respect.

Kindly

Richard
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2015, 12:19:38 AM »

I am in TN and he is in PA. Somehow he is still holding on. We no there is not chance but still awaiting the word is hard.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2015, 05:48:10 PM »

hi Narf

I'm now living in MO... closer that CA was to you.... hang in there pal...I know it's hard to do.... I lost my Brother and he was only 51 when he died....he was 5 years older than me and I'm getting to be 60 in Dec., I also lost my dad and he was only 67....sad to think I outlived one and soon (God willing) I even outlive my Dad...thisis a tuff time for you I know but my prayers go out to you and yours..... Good luck my friend and God speed for your father.....

Kindly

Richard
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2015, 03:35:00 AM »

A prayer request for my grand niece's infant son.
He was born by a botched C-section about two weeks ago and somehow he breathed in ambiotic fluid and blood which caused one lung to collapse and he immediately caught pneumonia on top of that.
He's been in neo natal intensive care ever since. The outlook is good and he was recently taken off the respirator and breathing on his own, but prayers that there's no relapse would go along way.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2015, 04:00:41 AM »

Prayers sent
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Goodbye dad
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2015, 12:33:25 PM »

GOODBYE DAD  :'( Seven weeks ago they said my dad might be gone in a couple days. He has held on this long. He never really suffered. We hope that he lasted this long because God was continuing to give him a chance to accept Jesus. He never lost his mental faculties and was able to say a few words up until a couple days ago. He has been restless for a few days this week and his twin sister said he might be fighting with the devil. My nephew visited him yesterday and he was able to squeeze his had that he was aware. My nephew prayed with him including the sinners prayer. We can only pray that in those last minutes he finally gave in to God.
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2015, 06:01:13 PM »

My condolences, Narf.

Having lost both my parents I can sympathize with what you are going through now.

The Lil Missus and I will keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers,

Joe
ip icon Logged

paxman53

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2015, 02:37:59 PM »

Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time.

Carol & Graeme
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2015, 09:27:08 AM »

Please accept my condolences narfstar.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2015, 11:48:21 AM »

thanks for the caring
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2015, 10:28:44 PM »

Hello to all- I'm finally back on line after a couple of weeks of no power, phone, cable, etc. Our city, Spokane, Wa, got slammed with over 70mph winds a few days before Thanksgiving and over 150,000 people were without power. My neighbor's 30 foot pine tree decided to pay a visit to my backyard, taking out two fences and crushing our old '83 Ford pickup. Also pulled all the lines out of our house. The winds blew off about 25% of our roof's shingles. Still,we were pretty lucky that tree didn't smack our house or garage and nobody in my family was was hurt. The Father was really looking out for us. The town is still piled high with fallen trees, but most of them are off the streets by now and most folks have their power back on. Unfortunately , two women were killed, and I heard it was much worse over on the western side of the state. Glad to be back. Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2015, 03:10:26 PM »

We had a tornado hit five years ago so I have an idea what you are going through. I had students with family killed in the tornado. The good thing for a lot of people was getting roofs replaced. I had mine done the year before with metal roofing. If I had waited my insurance probably would have replaced it because it would have been damaged by the winds. I was looking through the storm door when there was suddenly a big black wall at the edge of my yard. I went to the inside bathroom and heard THUMP. It was trees. Minor damage to house but loss of two sheds.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2015, 11:56:51 AM »

Hi bowers.  I'm glad you're back, safe and well.  Nightmare stuff.  Being in Central Scotland, we get stuff from the Atlantic
charging right through this part of the world.  Fortunately not always as bad as your event.  But this week we've had intermittent powercuts because of a major fault near our house.  In fact the workmen are parked right outside our back gate. It's realy strange because we've only had lights flickering, dimming and coming back but right next door and across the wee road, they've had major power cuts, as have many houses in neighbouring streets. Oh, and the streetlights are out too.
Linda was getting anxious as I was in hospital yesterday for an operation and she didn't wan't me coming home to a dark, cold house.  Fortunately, by the time I got home, our house was ok, although the 3 houses across the street were in darkness. I can do bugger all for the next few days and I can't drive for a couple of weeks. So I'm sitting here with my painkillers.
Mind you, our right wing Tory government has given a big part of our nuclear future to the Chinese, so we'll see how well that works out.  I don't want to get political, but really!!!
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2015, 12:12:14 AM »

Narf and Paw, thanks for the kind messages- you're good people! Paw, was your operation serious? Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2015, 11:58:49 AM »

Not that serious. I had done myself a mischief and needed a hernia repair, so day surgery - in the hospital at 8am and out by 5 pm, back home by 6pm.  We have a relatively new, shiny bright hospital midway between our house and Stirling, motorway access almost to the door, so, easy to get to.  Also lots of buses to and from it.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2015, 01:12:54 AM »

Sorry for the sad news Narf.

Just dropped by to say Hi y'all.....living in Missouri now,,,,,be back soon I hope posting more good stuff and the likes,,,,,till then y'all take care now.....

Richard
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2016, 12:56:31 AM »

Good news and bad news the baby that I posted about before pulled through with no lasting ill effects, but his mother's sister's baby girl passed away three nights ago of SIDS. She was a little over three months old, which is apparently the most common age for this to happen. They are doing an autopsy and full range of tests to attempt to determine the exact cause, but apparently there's still no known cause for most such deaths. The owner of the local funeral home was so moved when he heard of this that he offered to perform the undertaking and funeral free of charge.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2016, 06:04:41 AM »

Sympathy to the family
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2016, 07:39:55 PM »

You know how stuff happens? Well, Friday, my wife was in Edinburgh where she tripped, fell and broke her arm.  A few hours in A&E confirmed it and she's home with a collar/immobilizing thingy and a pile of painkillers. I'm running about like a blue a****d fly trying to make sure she's as comfortable as possible.  I'm knackered but Linda's worse.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.