in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,775 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Weekly GA Related Swag

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

topic icon Author Topic: Weekly GA Related Swag  (Read 137942 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Weekly GA Related Swag
« Reply #425 on: August 20, 2014, 12:42:34 AM »

Love the Atomik uniform
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #426 on: August 20, 2014, 11:13:27 PM »

One of these days I need to get around to posting the book that Atomik is in....

RB @ home being lazy
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #427 on: August 29, 2014, 03:38:49 AM »

RAZZO arrived today along with Ragar N-42 lettinge complete the run from 41 through 50 for posting/uploading soon. Along with those two came more Tanks, Mirko's, a Mistero's with Arcana, lots of stuff!

RB
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #428 on: August 15, 2015, 07:17:04 PM »

I was at a mart in Glasgow last Saturday and a dealer recommended a 4-parter from Titan from 2013, "It Came" and it's great fun.  A pastiche on '50's monster/sf films and set in a bygone England of villages and pipe smoking city types out for a day in the car, in the country.  As the cover to #1 goes on to say, "Something is coming round for afternoon tea................and it isn't the vicar!"
http://titan-comics.com/c/16-it-came/

The new Archie #1  which I really enjoyed and look forward to #2.
Black Canary #2 - thank goodness I didn't sign up for the series.  I know how I like Black Canary and this isn't it.
Bombshells #1  Might just try the next couple of issues 'cos that looks like a version of the REAL Batwoman. But I'm not sure why we have to have characters' sexual orientation pushed in our faces in comics.
Archie v. Predator #4.  How silly can you get?  Fortunately it's been, for me anyway, an entertainment.
That is not the phrase I would use to describe Archie Sharknado.  I thought it was woeful, and not that well drawn either.  Simplistic, not funny, gross in a not very nice way and a waste of money.
I also decided to pick up the first 3 issues of the Dark Circle Black Hood.  Now that is a dark comic.  almost the stuff of nightmares, and while it's well done, it's too depressing for me. 
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #429 on: August 15, 2016, 04:41:18 PM »

Been a while since we had any posts in this section, so I thought I'd try to revive it.
Is any one reading Future Quest? I bought the first 3 issues and they are great fun - well, Space Ghost is in there and that suits me fine. It's a breath of fresh air, as far as I'm concerned.  #3 features a nice Birdman cover and story with The Herculoids featuring in the 2nd story.
Despite my antipathy towards Dynamite, I was tempted when I saw Lone Ranger Green hornet.  As a fully paid up Horneteer, I had to have it, so #'s 1 & 2 were gently teased from the shelf.  On a quick riffle through the comic all looks good and intriguing and in fact the story does intrigue me, but the art!  The art!  When you actually start to read and pay attention, some of the stuff is poor.  Faces and some figures are amateur looking.  And being Dynamite it all becomes a bit too realistically violent at times. That's my opinion, anyone else care to comment?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #430 on: August 15, 2016, 10:51:49 PM »

Future Quest is great. I really enjoy the back stories too. I hope the absorbed Herculoids are not gone forever.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #431 on: January 21, 2017, 05:08:25 PM »

I splashed out for a few things recently.  First was the S.A. Green Lantern tpb.  Nostalgia indeed and, NOT printed on glossy paper ;D
Then Batman '66 meets Man From Uncle and that's simply good fun.  Will I prefer Bats '66 meets Steed and Mrs. Peel?  I wonder?
The second Rivers of London GN by Ben Aaronovitch and Lee Sullivan.  The first part was a good read and I'm sort of saving this one up for a binge.  Based on the incredibly popular series of books.
And, oddly for me, a manga.  One Punch Man has to be about the best entertainment out there and I've just finished #9.  Super hero silliness, huge battle scenes, humour, really daft ideas for heroes.  Great stuff.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #432 on: January 23, 2017, 01:11:08 AM »

Books a Million had Marvelman Classic #3 for only $10. Lots of GA goodness. Although the stories are not really very good.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.