in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,778 books
 New: 212 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

What is the download limit for?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: What is the download limit for?  (Read 3772 times)

CharlieRock

• VIP
message icon
What is the download limit for?
« on: May 10, 2010, 01:47:14 AM »

I'm new here and if this is the wrong forum stack to place this question then by all means let's get it where it goes to. In addition, thanks in advance to all answering posters.

Now to the point; why is there a limit to how much one can download? I have tried to imagine what this is for and came up with a goose egg. Is it a reason I'm not computer savvy enough to find out?
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: What is the download limit for?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 01:55:39 AM »

I'm new here and if this is the wrong forum stack to place this question then by all means let's get it where it goes to. In addition, thanks in advance to all answering posters.

Now to the point; why is there a limit to how much one can download? I have tried to imagine what this is for and came up with a goose egg. Is it a reason I'm not computer savvy enough to find out?

Have you seen all of the files that we host? Imagine if everyone was downloading at the same time and say, downloaded 3 files at the same time (which we really hate, btw so please download one file at a time), the site would go bbbbbooOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!! There has to be some limits for now, and honestly we are pretty generous on bandwidth.

Site upgrades are coming, have patience; Janus is going to provide additional avenues for the needs of GAC's members to be met.

B.
ip icon Logged

CharlieRock

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 06:10:20 AM »

Oh, that makes sense.  ;D
ip icon Logged

The Pun-isher

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: The Pun-isher
message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 09:17:42 PM »

I hate to drag this conversation out further, but I didn't think this needed its own thread.

My usage counter is at the following:

Remaining bandwidth:     0 B remaining
Bandwidth time remaining:    0 Days, 0 Hours, 0 Minutes
Files remaining:    0 files remaining
Files time remaining:    0 Days, 0 Hours, 0 Minutes

Is this permanent?  Will I eventually be able to download again, or is my account now completely over the limit?  If it's not permanent, when can I expect to be able to download again?

Thanks!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 09:50:58 PM »

I hate to drag this conversation out further, but I didn't think this needed its own thread.

http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,631.msg3272.html#msg3272

You had an issue a couple of years back. Did you pursue it then? If not, then perhaps you are experiencing the same issues as before.

As to the problem with your account, I need you to contact our site owner, "Janus of Latium"; don't fret, we will help you get your downloading issues resolved regardless, but follow up with Janus first.

I apologize that I am unable to help you on this at this time.   :-\

B.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 10:02:06 PM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

The Pun-isher

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: The Pun-isher
message icon
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 10:12:42 PM »

http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,631.msg3272.html#msg3272

You had an issue a couple of years back. Did you pursue it then? If not, then perhaps you are experiencing the same issues as before.

Yeah, I had, and it all was well for a long time.  This is a completely different issue.

I'll talk to Janus.  Thanks!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.